Pippa Middleton Dishes on 'Startling' Fame and Her 'Bottom' in New Book
Pippa Middleton shares her opinion about her sudden rise to fame after her older sister, Kate Middleton, was married to the U.K. second line to throne, Prince William. The event planner admits it's a bit staggering for her but it undoubtedly gives her many opportunities to do exploration in her career.
"It is a bit startling to achieve global recognition before the age of 30 on account of your sister, your brother-in-law and your bottom," she says in her new book "Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends". "One day I might be able to make sense of this. In the meantime I think it's fair to say that it has its upside and its downside."
"I certainly have opportunities many can only dream of - but in most ways I'm a typical girl in her 20s trying to forge a career and represent herself in what can sometimes seem rather strange circumstances," she continues. "I am by nature an optimist so I tend to concentrate on the advantages. One of the most attractive has been the chance to publish [this book] Celebrate."
"I know many of you will pick up the book out of nothing more than curiosity. [But] I can assure you that it feels even stranger to me than it probably does to you to have seen so much written about me when I have done so little to paint a picture of myself," she humbly says. "This is my first chance to do that and I've enjoyed every minute of it."
The book is set to be published later this year. Publishing company, Penguin Books, reportedly paid her a GBP 400,000 in advance for the book. She once said that she would write it herself, using her experience of working as an event planner, instead of hiring a ghostwriter.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'