Bruno Mars Impersonates Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry for 'SNL'
Bruno Mars pulled a double duty on recent episode of "Saturday Night Live" and he did plenty of impersonations. A sketch that really showed his talent in singing and performing was the one where he played Devon the Intern. As a karaoke singer, Devon has to imitate voices of Michael Jackson, Justin Bieber, and Katy Perry among others.
Devon assisted Pandora FM in filling out their show live when the station's server died. Mars did an impressive job of imitating Jackson singing "Beat It" and "Smooth Criminal", Bieber singing "Boyfriend" and Perry singing "Firework". He also did Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day.
In another sketch called "Haters", Mars transformed himself into a stretch pants-wearing blonde named Crystal Fust. He then squeezed out more sympathy in the digital short, "Sad Mouse", where he's a depressed man dressing up as one of those mascots waving at tourists at Times Square. And since this is the 2012 Halloween episode, Mars participated in a sketch where he's one of the murderous ride dolls.
As musical guest, Mars performed two pieces from his "Unorthodox Jukebox" album, the upbeat "Locked Out of Heaven" and the soulful "Young Girls".
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2