Chevy Chase Let Out N-Word During 'Community' Tirade
"Community" star Chevy Chase threw tantrum on the set of the NBC comedy and even let out the N-word. The hot-headed actor reportedly was not pleased with the direction his character Pierce was heading.
According to Deadline, Chase became increasingly frustrated on how Pierce became more and more narrow-minded. He found some lines in a scene offensive and immediately vent out his anger on the set, saying his character may next be asked to call the Black characters, Troy and Shirley, the N-word.
Chase was not in any way addressing his tirade towards Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown who play the characters. He did upset the cast with his tirade but later apologized.
This is not the first time that Chase expressed his displeasure at working on the show. Last year, he left a profanity-laden message to former showrunner Dan Harmon. He also often walked out of the set when he's unhappy with the script. In some words, Chase described signing up for the show as "a big mistake". He told Huffington Post U.K., "The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television."
When asked why he did not quit the show, Chase said, "I just sort of hung around because I have three daughters and a wife, and I figured out I might as well make some bread, every week, so I can take care of them in the way they want." He added later, "I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast - they are very good."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal