Chevy Chase Let Out N-Word During 'Community' Tirade
"Community" star Chevy Chase threw tantrum on the set of the NBC comedy and even let out the N-word. The hot-headed actor reportedly was not pleased with the direction his character Pierce was heading.
According to Deadline, Chase became increasingly frustrated on how Pierce became more and more narrow-minded. He found some lines in a scene offensive and immediately vent out his anger on the set, saying his character may next be asked to call the Black characters, Troy and Shirley, the N-word.
Chase was not in any way addressing his tirade towards Donald Glover and Yvette Nicole Brown who play the characters. He did upset the cast with his tirade but later apologized.
This is not the first time that Chase expressed his displeasure at working on the show. Last year, he left a profanity-laden message to former showrunner Dan Harmon. He also often walked out of the set when he's unhappy with the script. In some words, Chase described signing up for the show as "a big mistake". He told Huffington Post U.K., "The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television."
When asked why he did not quit the show, Chase said, "I just sort of hung around because I have three daughters and a wife, and I figured out I might as well make some bread, every week, so I can take care of them in the way they want." He added later, "I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast - they are very good."
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital