Wyclef Jean Joins 'Nashville' in Recurring Role
Wyclef Jean is going to stay in "Nashville" for a while. It has been confirmed that the 43-year-old rapper lands a recurring role on the ABC freshman as the head of a music label. Teasing fans with his new gig, he has posted a picture of him on the set with the show's cast members.
"On the With the hotest cast on TV #Nashville @sampalladio @clarembee @jonathanjackson Rya kihlstedt pic.twitter.com/cNsoGSrf," he wrote in a caption of the photo. In another tweet, he shared, "I AM on a movie set for the new t v show Nashville on my birthday but im very excited! I told your i would Be working out for a flim!"
There's still no word on when Jean will make his debut on the musical series. The gig is not his first attempt at acting since the "Gone till November" hitmaker appeared in several episodes of NBC's "Third Watch" in 2005.
"Nashville" itself centers on Rayna James (Connie Britton), a country legend whose popularity is starting to wane, and up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) who is described as the young and sexy future of country music. Drama ensues as the two are asked to team up by their label owners.
More Nashville News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media