Wyclef Jean Joins 'Nashville' in Recurring Role
Wyclef Jean is going to stay in "Nashville" for a while. It has been confirmed that the 43-year-old rapper lands a recurring role on the ABC freshman as the head of a music label. Teasing fans with his new gig, he has posted a picture of him on the set with the show's cast members.
"On the With the hotest cast on TV #Nashville @sampalladio @clarembee @jonathanjackson Rya kihlstedt pic.twitter.com/cNsoGSrf," he wrote in a caption of the photo. In another tweet, he shared, "I AM on a movie set for the new t v show Nashville on my birthday but im very excited! I told your i would Be working out for a flim!"
There's still no word on when Jean will make his debut on the musical series. The gig is not his first attempt at acting since the "Gone till November" hitmaker appeared in several episodes of NBC's "Third Watch" in 2005.
"Nashville" itself centers on Rayna James (Connie Britton), a country legend whose popularity is starting to wane, and up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) who is described as the young and sexy future of country music. Drama ensues as the two are asked to team up by their label owners.
More Nashville News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris