Wyclef Jean Joins 'Nashville' in Recurring Role
Wyclef Jean is going to stay in "Nashville" for a while. It has been confirmed that the 43-year-old rapper lands a recurring role on the ABC freshman as the head of a music label. Teasing fans with his new gig, he has posted a picture of him on the set with the show's cast members.
"On the With the hotest cast on TV #Nashville @sampalladio @clarembee @jonathanjackson Rya kihlstedt pic.twitter.com/cNsoGSrf," he wrote in a caption of the photo. In another tweet, he shared, "I AM on a movie set for the new t v show Nashville on my birthday but im very excited! I told your i would Be working out for a flim!"
There's still no word on when Jean will make his debut on the musical series. The gig is not his first attempt at acting since the "Gone till November" hitmaker appeared in several episodes of NBC's "Third Watch" in 2005.
"Nashville" itself centers on Rayna James (Connie Britton), a country legend whose popularity is starting to wane, and up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) who is described as the young and sexy future of country music. Drama ensues as the two are asked to team up by their label owners.
More Nashville News
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!