Wyclef Jean Joins 'Nashville' in Recurring Role
Wyclef Jean is going to stay in "Nashville" for a while. It has been confirmed that the 43-year-old rapper lands a recurring role on the ABC freshman as the head of a music label. Teasing fans with his new gig, he has posted a picture of him on the set with the show's cast members.
"On the With the hotest cast on TV #Nashville @sampalladio @clarembee @jonathanjackson Rya kihlstedt pic.twitter.com/cNsoGSrf," he wrote in a caption of the photo. In another tweet, he shared, "I AM on a movie set for the new t v show Nashville on my birthday but im very excited! I told your i would Be working out for a flim!"
There's still no word on when Jean will make his debut on the musical series. The gig is not his first attempt at acting since the "Gone till November" hitmaker appeared in several episodes of NBC's "Third Watch" in 2005.
"Nashville" itself centers on Rayna James (Connie Britton), a country legend whose popularity is starting to wane, and up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) who is described as the young and sexy future of country music. Drama ensues as the two are asked to team up by their label owners.
More Nashville News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2