Wyclef Jean Joins 'Nashville' in Recurring Role
Wyclef Jean is going to stay in "Nashville" for a while. It has been confirmed that the 43-year-old rapper lands a recurring role on the ABC freshman as the head of a music label. Teasing fans with his new gig, he has posted a picture of him on the set with the show's cast members.
"On the With the hotest cast on TV #Nashville @sampalladio @clarembee @jonathanjackson Rya kihlstedt pic.twitter.com/cNsoGSrf," he wrote in a caption of the photo. In another tweet, he shared, "I AM on a movie set for the new t v show Nashville on my birthday but im very excited! I told your i would Be working out for a flim!"
There's still no word on when Jean will make his debut on the musical series. The gig is not his first attempt at acting since the "Gone till November" hitmaker appeared in several episodes of NBC's "Third Watch" in 2005.
"Nashville" itself centers on Rayna James (Connie Britton), a country legend whose popularity is starting to wane, and up-and-comer Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere) who is described as the young and sexy future of country music. Drama ensues as the two are asked to team up by their label owners.
More Nashville News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers