ABC Cancels 'Private Practice' After 'a Lot of Discussion and Debate'
ABC's "Private Practice" is going to end its run after the currently airing sixth season. Announcing the cancellation, creator Shonda Rhimes writes on her WhoSay account, "I'm sad to say that Private Practice's run will end after episode 613 this season," adding that "it's heartbreaking to end."
"There was a lot of discussion and debate but, in the end, the guys at the network and the studio and I all decided that Private Practice was reaching its finish line," she further explains. "Creatively, we are all extremely proud of the show and especially proud of this season - which you will all soon discover is a creative renaissance."
"I feel so lucky to write for these characters and tell these stories and I truly feel this show has taught me so much as a writer. And there's a family here, of crew and cast, people who have bonded over these past five and a half seasons," she praises the people who have worked on the show. "And we're grateful to all of you for spending time with us for an hour every week for the last 6 years. It's meant the world."
In May, ABC ordered an abbreviated season 6 of "Private Practice". Kate Walsh, who portrays main character Dr. Addison Montgomery, later confirmed her decision to leave the show after the said season. Another lead actor, Tim Daly, had left the "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off at the end of season 5 when his option was not picked up.
The Alphabet, meanwhile, extends the current season of some other shows by giving additional two episode orders to "Grey's" as well as comedies "Modern Family" and "The Middle". "Castle" is additionally ordered for one more episode.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3