Liam Hemsworth Talks On-Set Injury and Returning as 'Hungry' Gale in 'Catching Fire'
Going back for full action in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" was apparently not an easy job for Liam Hemsworth. The Gale Hawthorne depicter opened up that last week he suffered a major injury while filming in Atlanta. Thankfully, he managed to carry on and finish the shooting professionally.
"I twisted my knee," the fiance of actress/singer Miley Cyrus shared to USA Today about his recent injury. "I try to just fight thorough it. There's so many people standing around waiting for you to do your thing. You feel sort of obligated not to let everyone down."
Speaking about returning to "The Hunger Games" sequel, Liam said that his character Gale would embark on more actions in the sequel than the first movie. "There's a bunch of action in this one," stated the Australian hunk. "All of the characters have much more action than they did in the first one."
The 22-year-old actor also dished on his preparation to reprise his role as Gale. While co-star Josh Hutcherson had to gain more muscle to return as Peeta Mellark, Liam said that he indeed had to "lose some weight" to get a proper look. "It's The Hunger Games. My character needs to look hungry. A little bit," he reasoned.
Apart from talking about "Catching Fire", Liam also dished on his other upcoming high-profile project "Paranoia". Apparently, working on the corporate thriller was equally tough as on the "Hunger Games" sequel. At one point, he even had to do a late night shoot in a rat-filled alley.
"I spent an entire night running through this alley splashing through alley water and all this gross stuff. A concrete alleyway and I'm in suit shoes," he recalled. "I was so unlucky too. I turned up on set and on the first take I got the worst stomach cramps. And I had them the entire night. It's not that easy."
Liam had non-stop works this year. After wrapping "Hunger Games", he jumped into "The Expendables 2" before continuing to other projects. Of his hard work, he said, "I haven't had a break in about a year. I've kind of shot one film to the other. And have had to prepare for each while shooting another. It's been a tremendous workload. But I feel so lucky to be where I am. I'm so thankful."
The younger brother of Chris Hemsworth will return to "Catching Fire" on November 22, 2013. In the same year, his other films "Paranoia" and "Empire State" will also open Stateside.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie