Elisa Donovan Gets Married to Charlie Bigelow
There is happy news from Elisa Donovan. The "Clueless" actress married her longtime love Charlie Bigelow on Saturday, October 13, on the Vineyard Lawn at The Carmel Valley Ranch in California.
"After meeting three years ago in Sayulita, Mexico while vacationing with friends, we are thrilled to report that we were married on Oct. 13," said the happy couple to PEOPLE. "We credit Charlie's friend Owen for waving Elisa in from the beach in what would be the moment that changed our lives."
The bride wore an Elizabeth Fillmore dress and Jimmy Choo shoes while the groom wore a Burberry tux for the outdoor wedding ceremony. The reception "was elegant and warm," Elisa said. Actresses Cerina Vincent and Annika Marks entertained the guests by giving "a phenomenal speech that had everyone in stitches laughing," the 41-year-old bride said. "It was a dueling speech, a la 'Bridesmaids'."
Lionel Richie's song "All Night Long" was chosen by the 36-year-old groom for his first dance with his bride. The wife was delighted by the husband's choice and said that it "would be perfect in theme, tone and vibe - and he was absolutely right."
"We had hoped to take a dance lesson beforehand, but it turns out planning a wedding with a 5-month-old doesn't leave you lots of extra time, so it never happened," said Elisa when being asked about her first dance. "Since I'm a big salsa dancer I whispered, 'Let me lead...' to Charlie as we started and we went for it."
Elisa's newest project, "The Dog Who Saved the Holidays", will hit the small screen later this year.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers