BBC America Orders Second Season of 'Copper'
BBC America has given a vote of confidence to freshman "Copper". The period drama, which marks the network's first foray into original scripted series, has been picked up for a second season which will expand to 13 episodes.
"BBC America's first original scripted series, 'Copper', has proven to be a perfect fit for the channel. Our viewers have made it our highest-rated series premiere ever and highest-rated drama series ever," said Perry Simon, General Manager, Channels for BBC Worldwide America.
He added, "[Copper] truly captured the boiling pot that was New York City in 1864. We can't wait to get started on the second season." The network, however, hasn't set a premiere date for the second chapter.
Set in 19th-century New York City, "Copper" follows Kevin Corcoran (Tom Weston-Jones), an Irish-American former boxer turned cop. Patroling the notorious Five Points neighborhood, he is struggling to maintain his moral compass in a turbulent world while on an emotional and relentless quest to learn the truth about what happened to his missing wife and dead daughter. The first season finale will air Sunday, October 21 at 10 P.M.
In addition to renewing "Copper", BBC America is gearing up to kick off the production of its second original scripted series "Orphan Black", starring Tatiana Maslany, later this month. The new show is slated for a 2013 premiere.
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards