Girls Aloud Mark Reunion With 'Something New' Video
Girls Aloud marked their comeback with "Something New". A fresh music video from the U.K. girl band was released on the same day they formally announced a reunion after a three-year hiatus. "We are the leaders of the pack. You better watch your back," the girls declared on the song.
On a press conference held Friday, October 19 morning, the band announced that they are putting solo projects aside to go on "Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013". They also said a new compilation album titled "Ten" will be released on November 26. As for new materials, the girls would like to "wait and see how the fans react and how everything goes" with their reunion.
"It's incredible that we are getting to share a decade in music. If you had of asked us 10 years ago, we never would have dreamed we would be here 10 years on. We still are achieving the whole time," Cheryl Cole said, adding "We have been socialising the whole time, so it wasn't like we had been apart for three years. But it was emotional to talk about the fact that we are ten years down the line."
The 12-date tour kicks off in Newcastle February 21, 2013 with tickets selling as early as Wednesday, October 24. Sponsoring the U.K. tour is jewelery brand Pandora which has created a special charm bracelet for each of the girls.
Girls Aloud's "Something New" Music Video
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle