Girls Aloud Mark Reunion With 'Something New' Video
Girls Aloud marked their comeback with "Something New". A fresh music video from the U.K. girl band was released on the same day they formally announced a reunion after a three-year hiatus. "We are the leaders of the pack. You better watch your back," the girls declared on the song.
On a press conference held Friday, October 19 morning, the band announced that they are putting solo projects aside to go on "Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013". They also said a new compilation album titled "Ten" will be released on November 26. As for new materials, the girls would like to "wait and see how the fans react and how everything goes" with their reunion.
"It's incredible that we are getting to share a decade in music. If you had of asked us 10 years ago, we never would have dreamed we would be here 10 years on. We still are achieving the whole time," Cheryl Cole said, adding "We have been socialising the whole time, so it wasn't like we had been apart for three years. But it was emotional to talk about the fact that we are ten years down the line."
The 12-date tour kicks off in Newcastle February 21, 2013 with tickets selling as early as Wednesday, October 24. Sponsoring the U.K. tour is jewelery brand Pandora which has created a special charm bracelet for each of the girls.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'