Girls Aloud Mark Reunion With 'Something New' Video
Girls Aloud marked their comeback with "Something New". A fresh music video from the U.K. girl band was released on the same day they formally announced a reunion after a three-year hiatus. "We are the leaders of the pack. You better watch your back," the girls declared on the song.
On a press conference held Friday, October 19 morning, the band announced that they are putting solo projects aside to go on "Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013". They also said a new compilation album titled "Ten" will be released on November 26. As for new materials, the girls would like to "wait and see how the fans react and how everything goes" with their reunion.
"It's incredible that we are getting to share a decade in music. If you had of asked us 10 years ago, we never would have dreamed we would be here 10 years on. We still are achieving the whole time," Cheryl Cole said, adding "We have been socialising the whole time, so it wasn't like we had been apart for three years. But it was emotional to talk about the fact that we are ten years down the line."
The 12-date tour kicks off in Newcastle February 21, 2013 with tickets selling as early as Wednesday, October 24. Sponsoring the U.K. tour is jewelery brand Pandora which has created a special charm bracelet for each of the girls.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift