Girls Aloud Mark Reunion With 'Something New' Video
Girls Aloud marked their comeback with "Something New". A fresh music video from the U.K. girl band was released on the same day they formally announced a reunion after a three-year hiatus. "We are the leaders of the pack. You better watch your back," the girls declared on the song.
On a press conference held Friday, October 19 morning, the band announced that they are putting solo projects aside to go on "Girls Aloud Ten, The Hits Tour 2013". They also said a new compilation album titled "Ten" will be released on November 26. As for new materials, the girls would like to "wait and see how the fans react and how everything goes" with their reunion.
"It's incredible that we are getting to share a decade in music. If you had of asked us 10 years ago, we never would have dreamed we would be here 10 years on. We still are achieving the whole time," Cheryl Cole said, adding "We have been socialising the whole time, so it wasn't like we had been apart for three years. But it was emotional to talk about the fact that we are ten years down the line."
The 12-date tour kicks off in Newcastle February 21, 2013 with tickets selling as early as Wednesday, October 24. Sponsoring the U.K. tour is jewelery brand Pandora which has created a special charm bracelet for each of the girls.
Girls Aloud's "Something New" Music Video
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media