Fergie's Relationship With Josh Duhamel Is Stronger Despite Cheating Rumor
A report of Josh Duhamel's brief fling to a stripper in 2009 couldn't separate Stacy Ferguson from him. To Oprah Winfrey, Fergie said that though the report got her through a difficult time, her relationship with her husband was stronger than before.
In an upcoming episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter", the "Big Girls Don't Cry" singer was interviewed by the 58-year-old host about the rumor of Josh cheating on her. She acknowledged, "It was difficult." However, she opened up, "When you go through difficult times, it really makes you stronger as a unit, as a partnership. It does for us, anyways."
She said further, "Our love today is a deeper love, definitely. We're stronger today definitely because of anything difficult that's happened with us." She went on, "We deal with it, we communicate, communicating's the most important thing."
In 2009, the Black Eyed Peas female singer's household was about to be in a shambles when a woman named Serena revealed that Josh slept with her best friend, a stripper named Nicole Forrester. It was said that the 39-year-old actor cheated when he was filming "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" at New Mexico Air Force base in 2008. She also said that the "Life as We Know It" actor hooked up with some other chicks.
In spite of the rumored scandal, the 37-year-old artist believed that Josh was innocent. Her friend said, "Fergie says nothing is wrong. Every time I ask her how married life is, she says, 'Awesome!' " Another buddy revealed, "Josh told her it didn't happen, and she believes him."
Josh denied the report despite the fact that Nicole had passed a lie-detector test. At the time, Black Eyed Peas' other personnel Taboo said, "We know the story is bullsh*t. When you're as famous as Fergie and Josh, people are going to say stuff."
Josh and Fergie got hitched January 10, 2009, in Malibu after five years of dating. Next year, they will celebrate their fourth wedding anniversary.
The new episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter", which will feature Fergie discussing about Josh's brief fling rumor and her drug addiction, will air on October 21, at 9/8c on OWN.
More Stacy Ferguson News
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards