'Project Runway' Crowns Season 10 Winner
It was down to four designers in the "Project Runway" season 10 finale which saw the remaining contestants took part in Mercedes Benz Fashion Week. Fabio Costa, Melissa Fleis, Christopher Palu and Dmitry Sholokov were the ones vying for the winning title and the grand prize, but only one of them would be declared the victor.
Leading to the final runway, the four finalists were challenged to improve their designs. Fabio had to make his collections look more luxurious, Dmitry's works shouldn't cros into matron territory, Christopher had to be restyled, and Melissa needed to show more colors.
After consultations, Dmitry and Fabio looked relaxed while Melissa and Christopher were hectic with their unfinished clothes. Still, Tim Gunn managed to reduce the tension felt by the contestants when he brought champagne.
At the runway in New York, Jennifer Hudson joined the judges. She praised Dmitry's collection, which included a bright yellow cocktail dress with jeweled cap sleeves and a shorter halter dress hemmed with fringe, as "rich."
Melissa's "blood orange" gown was a standout among her other clothes, and Heidi Klum liked the "tough chick" vibe. Still, the judges said it lacked surprise. Christopher, meanwhile, seemingly pushed himself to be edgy and strayed away from his romantic side.
Last but not least, Fabio's "Cosmic Tribalism" collection mixed pastel shades, layers and the flowing silhouettes that worked together. Heidi "loved, loved, loved" how fluid the whole collection was and Jennifer said he "nailed it."
After giving their opinions, the judges announced Dmitry as the winner. "Dmitry, you have your wings now, so go and fly," Heidi told the former ballroom dancer. He expressed his happiness, "This is the biggest day of my life. I just won 'Project Runway' and I don't know how the f**k I made it to this point... I'm beyond happy and proud."
Dmitry was entitled to $100,000 from L'Oreal Paris to start his own line, a fashion spread in Marie Claire magazine, a 2013 Lexus GS 350, and a $50,000 technology suite by HP and Intel. He's also given a chance to design and sell an exclusive collection at Lord & Taylor.
More Project Runway News
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie
- Rihanna, Beyonce and More Thank Barack and Michelle Obama With Adorable Posts
- J.K. Rowling Quickly Shuts Down 'The Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy Rumor
- Kate Hudson's Brother Hilariously Reacts to Rumor That the Actress Is Dating Brad Pitt
- Adele Added to 2017 Grammy Award Performers List
- LGBT Page Disappears From White House's Website After Trump's Inauguration, Twitter Freaks Out
- Shia LaBeouf Starts Four-Year Anti-Trump Live-Stream Protest on Inauguration Day
- 'House of Cards' Unveils Chilling Teaser for Season 5 on Trump's Inauguration Day