Drake Gets High School Diploma at the Age of 25
Drake has just finished his high school education after about 10 years dropping out of school. The 25-year-old actor/rapper described the experience as one of his best moments.
"97% on my final exam. 88% in the course. One of the greatest feelings in my entire life. As of tonight I have graduated high school!" he tweeted on October 16. He then added, "Thank you to my teacher Kim Janzen for spending the last 5 months working tirelessly with me!! OVO SOUND."
The Canadian artist entered Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, but didn't finish the study. He then enrolled in Vaughan Road Academy. He said once that the school was "not by any means the easiest school to go to. It's a tough school."
Drake left high school at 15 as he was interested to be a star. Lucky for him, he had a friend whose father was an agent. He then joined TV show entitled "Degrassi: The Next Generation" in 2001 and played in 138 episodes as a disabled basketball player.
In a 2011 interview with Complex Music, the "Successful" singer explained his aim of helping his family by taking the job in acting, "My mother was very sick. We were poor, like broke. The only money I had coming in was off of Canadian TV, which isn't that much money when you break it down." He went on, "A season of Canadian television is under a teacher's salary, I'll tell you that much. It's definitely not something to go f***ing get."
The "Ice Age: Continental Drift" voice cast member is now preparing to release his third album. Back in April, he said to Billboard that the new album would be different from the previous one "Take Care". He revealed, "I think my mood will be reflected in the tempos I choose for the music."
"Now I'm in a very, very, very, very different place than I've ever been, really focused on myself, really focused on my health, my body, my mind, really wanting to be the best I can possibly be," he continued. "It's going to be a very interesting album - probably, to be honest with you, conceptually one of the most exciting projects I've worked on, just 'cause there's so many new things going on in my life."
More Drake News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story