'X Factor' Wednesday's Broadcast Cut Off Due to Baseball Delay, Simon Cowell Pissed Off
FOX is forced to bench the final judges' house episode of "The X Factor (US)" due to a rain delay in Game 3 of the National League Championship Series. The full two-hour episode, which will reveal 16 acts moving on to the live shows, is now scheduled to air on Tuesday, October 23.
On Wednesday, October 17, the baseball game which started in the afternoon was put on hold due to rain. When FOX got the words that the delay would last beyond primetime, the network began to air "X Factor" in East Coast markets at 8:40 P.M., only to cut it short when the network learned that the baseball game would resume.
Due to a technical issue on the West Coast, the East Coast feed was broadcast prior to 8 P.M. PST, so viewers were able to see the results earlier. Seemingly upset about this snafu, Simon Cowell tweeted, "It what's known as a total f up."
The partial episode that aired Wednesday saw 10 acts who made it to the live rounds. They are Diamond White, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller of Teens category, David Correy, Jason Brock, Tate Stevens and Vino Alan of Over 25s, as well as Jennel Garcia and Willie Jones of Young Adults.
The show's Thursday schedule is already preempted by Game 4 of the NCLS.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics