'X Factor' Wednesday's Broadcast Cut Off Due to Baseball Delay, Simon Cowell Pissed Off
FOX is forced to bench the final judges' house episode of "The X Factor (US)" due to a rain delay in Game 3 of the National League Championship Series. The full two-hour episode, which will reveal 16 acts moving on to the live shows, is now scheduled to air on Tuesday, October 23.
On Wednesday, October 17, the baseball game which started in the afternoon was put on hold due to rain. When FOX got the words that the delay would last beyond primetime, the network began to air "X Factor" in East Coast markets at 8:40 P.M., only to cut it short when the network learned that the baseball game would resume.
Due to a technical issue on the West Coast, the East Coast feed was broadcast prior to 8 P.M. PST, so viewers were able to see the results earlier. Seemingly upset about this snafu, Simon Cowell tweeted, "It what's known as a total f up."
The partial episode that aired Wednesday saw 10 acts who made it to the live rounds. They are Diamond White, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Arin Ray and Beatrice Miller of Teens category, David Correy, Jason Brock, Tate Stevens and Vino Alan of Over 25s, as well as Jennel Garcia and Willie Jones of Young Adults.
The show's Thursday schedule is already preempted by Game 4 of the NCLS.
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...