Tyler Perry Already Setting Up an 'Alex Cross' Sequel
"Alex Cross" hasn't even played in the U.S. cinemas, but Tyler Perry is already aiming to return for its sequel. According to Deadline, the follow-up movie based on James Patterson's novel "Double Cross" is already in the works with Tyler set to reprise his role as the famous D.C. crime fighter.
The "Double Cross" book sees Alex as he retires from law enforcement and works as a psychiatrist in private practice. He now has to face not just one but two serial killers. Alex is drawn back into police work by his love interest, Brianna Stone, who's been assigned to the task force focusing on the D.C. Audience Killer.
There's no word on who is going to direct and write "Double Cross (2014)". While the sequel is still in the very early phase of development, the first film will open nationwide this coming Friday, October 19. The movie will mark Tyler's first starring vehicle which doesn't have him serving behind the lens or penning the script.
The first movie has been generating mixed reviews from critics so far. Some of them criticized director Rob Cohen's work, but some others praised Tyler's performance despite the fact the the film's genre is a far cry from the actor's usual comedic performances. The film currently sits to a 30-35% score in Rotten Tomatoes.
Tyler Perry recently told Toronto Sun why he decided to play Alex Cross, a character which was originally made famous by Morgan Freeman. "I really committed to being this character," he said, before explaining that he spent a lot of time to get into the character.
"I spent a lot of time with the Atlanta police department, with their homicide squad, looking at cold cases and being involved in things I don't do in my everyday life. And after it was all over, I had to check in with myself to see how I feel about it. Because when you take on something that dark you really have to commit and go to some dark places."
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single