Tom Cruise Lets Out His Inner Antihero in 'Jack Reacher' Full Trailer
The full-length trailer for "Jack Reacher" has been dropped, giving a longer look at Tom Cruise as the fan-favorite antihero. Cruise is featured as a fearless ex-military cop who stands on the right side but doesn't want to be called a hero. "Do you think I'm a hero? I am not a hero," he says at one point. "I have nothing to lose, and if you're smart, that scares you."
At the same time, the skilfull badass is not the kind of man anyone wants to mess around with. "On second thought, I'd like to kill you," so Cruise claims at another point, threatening a villain who kidnaps a female lawyer. "He doesn't care about the law. He doesn't care about proof. He only cares about what's right," so a voicever adds at the end of the video.
In "Jack Reacher", when a gunman takes five lives with six shots, all evidence points to the suspect in custody. On interrogation, the suspect offers up a single note: "Get Jack Reacher!" So begins an extraordinary chase for the truth, pitting Reacher against an unexpected enemy, with a skill for violence and a secret to keep.
The movie is adapted from Lee Child's bestselling novel with Christopher McQuarrie serving as the director and co-writer. Joining Cruise in the cast ensemble are Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, Alexia Fast, Robert Duvall and Jai Courtney. The film will be released in the U.S. on December 21.
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos
- 'Titanic' Director Is Sued by the 'Real' Jack Dawson