Public Enemy's Flavor Flav Charged With Felony Assault and Domestic Battery
Flavor Flav, whose real name is William Jonathan Drayton, was taken into custody Wednesday, October 17, morning after having an argument with his fiancee Liz Trujillo at his Las Vegas home. He reportedly threw her to the floor twice and threatened to kill her 17-year-old son with a knife.
Liz, who is the mother of Flavor's 5-year-old child Karma, allegedly had her earring ripped out during the physical altercation. Her son fled to his sister's bedroom when he was chased by the rapper. The teen called police for help and said that the 53-year-old MC kicked the door trying to get in.
The Public Enemy star was arrested on felony assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor domestic battery charges. He had a small cut on his hand and denied threatening the teen when police arrived on the scene at about 3 in the morning. No one was seriously injured in the fracas.
If convicted, Flavor could face up to six years in jail for the former charge and six months for the latter. The "911 Is a Joke" rhymer remained in custody at the Clark County jail pending a court date on Thursday. He was being held on $23,000 bail.
Prior to his arrest due to the domestic argument, Flavor spent a month in prison for assaulting his then-girlfriend in 1991, and three months behind bars for shooting at a neighbor in New York three years later. His criminal history also included arrests and convictions on traffic violations.
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos