Public Enemy's Flavor Flav Charged With Felony Assault and Domestic Battery
Flavor Flav, whose real name is William Jonathan Drayton, was taken into custody Wednesday, October 17, morning after having an argument with his fiancee Liz Trujillo at his Las Vegas home. He reportedly threw her to the floor twice and threatened to kill her 17-year-old son with a knife.
Liz, who is the mother of Flavor's 5-year-old child Karma, allegedly had her earring ripped out during the physical altercation. Her son fled to his sister's bedroom when he was chased by the rapper. The teen called police for help and said that the 53-year-old MC kicked the door trying to get in.
The Public Enemy star was arrested on felony assault with a deadly weapon and misdemeanor domestic battery charges. He had a small cut on his hand and denied threatening the teen when police arrived on the scene at about 3 in the morning. No one was seriously injured in the fracas.
If convicted, Flavor could face up to six years in jail for the former charge and six months for the latter. The "911 Is a Joke" rhymer remained in custody at the Clark County jail pending a court date on Thursday. He was being held on $23,000 bail.
Prior to his arrest due to the domestic argument, Flavor spent a month in prison for assaulting his then-girlfriend in 1991, and three months behind bars for shooting at a neighbor in New York three years later. His criminal history also included arrests and convictions on traffic violations.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince