Details of 'Transformers 4' New Leads Allegedly Unveiled
After Shia LaBeouf confirmed he would not return to play Sam Witwicky in the "Transformers" film series, the producers of the autobot war movie franchise are forced to look for new actor[s] to tackle the leading role[s] in the upcoming "Transformers 4". While the casting hasn't been confirmed, details of the possible new lead characters in the fourth film have allegedly been unveiled.
Spoiler TV has shared some tidbits from the casting call for the Michael Bay-directed movie. It is said that the project is currently looking for actors to play two new new leads in "T4". According to the report, "the new female lead that they are looking for is a high school senior and her boyfriend a Texas racing driver."
Should the report be true, the character may seem very different from Witwicky, who was described as a social outcast in the first movie. He unintentionally bought Bumblebee to impress the hottest girl in his school Mikaela Banes, who was played by Megan Fox. In "Transformers: Dark of the Moon", Fox's was replaced by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. She starred as Carly Spencer, a British curator at Dylan Gould's company.
To arrive in the U.S. theaters on June 26, 2014, "Transformers 4" will have Bay returning as the helmer. Though confirming that the film will include a brand new cast ensemble, Bay insisted that it would not be a reboot. "It's not a reboot, that's maybe wrong," he once said to Hero Complex.
"I don't want to say reboot because then people will think we're doing a Spider-Man and starting from the beginning. We're not. We're taking the story that you've seen - the story we've told in three movies already - and we're taking it in a new direction."
In addition to presenting new actors in the casting department, the latest installment of the Hasbro movie reportedly will include a brand new set of robots. Still, Bay stressed that Optimus Prime would be back for the next film and confirmed that Peter Cullen would return to voice the fan-favorite robot. "Of Course! Of course! Listen, when I heard his voice, it gave me chills," Bay said recently.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie