Kate Gosselin Is Dismissed From Her Job as CouponCabin Blogger
After 11 months of working as a CouponCabin blogger, Kate Gosselin was fired. The announcement was released on Tuesday, October 16, in a letter written by a CEO of CouponCabin Blog, Scott Kluth.
In the notification letter, he wrote down, "A series of recent events have made it clear to me that Kate Gosselin and her contributions do not align with the authenticity which we set out to build almost a decade ago." He then stated, "Ms. Gosselin is simply not a good fit with the wonderful team and culture at CouponCabin."
The CEO also said that Kate's contributions to the blog gathered both positive responses and criticisms. Commenting on the responses, he said, "I respect and appreciate your candid opinions, which often encourage us not to lose sight of our mission - to help YOU save money." He went on stating, "We wish Kate, her family and her support staff all the best."
Kate hasn't made any comments yet about her dismissal. However, she tweeted on the same day the announcement was published, "Good afternoon!I'm alive!I've been super busy working away!I'm having lots of fun and can't wait to share!No worries..we will chat soon! XO" Some of her fans gave support to her by sending positive comments regarding the status.
On November 22, 2011, the star got her first shot to be the blogger of CouponCabin. "Kate has embraced coupons her entire life," said Jackie Warrick, the president of CouponCabin, once Kate started the job. Next, he expressed his excitement, "We look forward to sharing the unique insight she has gained over the years."
Kate landed the job after her show "Kate Plus 8" was canceled in August 2011. The ex-contestant of "Dancing with the Stars" pitched a new reality show, but there was no network which would give it a green light.
"Kate had no idea it would be this difficult to sell another show based around her and her family," a TV executive once opened up to Huffington Post. "It's hard to be on the cover of magazines one week and just a few months later not have people return your calls."
"Once you have a show canceled, it's almost impossible to sell the same idea to another network," a TV insider added. "TLC is the non-Hollywood network and the perfect home for her. If they no longer want her, I'm not sure which other network will."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!