Rosie O'Donnell Grieves Over Her Dog's Death
Sad news comes from a comedian, Rosie O'Donnell. On Friday, October 12, her dog was dead due to his old age. She tweeted about her big loss, saying, "RIP NICKY O BOY - r miami born rescue dog - loyal smart nearly perfect for over a dozen years ...," and posting a picture of her dog.
Rosie adopted Nicky from an animal shelter 13 years ago, according to PEOPLE. He was loyal, smart and nearly a perfect dog for Rosie as she mentioned it in her tweet. A good protecter for her family, he will always be a part of Rosie's family although he's already gone.
"One day, when Blake was 2 years old we were all snow tubing on the hill and Blake jumped in the tube and it started going down," she wrote in an e-mail to PEOPLE. "Nicky put his paws on the tube and held it so Blake wouldn't go down alone."
The death of Rosie's dog happened just a few months after she tied the knot with her new wife, Michelle Rounds, whom she began dating in summer 2011. She previously was married to Kelli Carpenter and has four children.
The former married couple adopted Parker, now 17-year-old boy, Chelsea, now 15-year-old girl, and Blake, now 12-year-old boy. They also have a daughter named Vivienne through artificial insemination.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered