Rosie O'Donnell Grieves Over Her Dog's Death
Sad news comes from a comedian, Rosie O'Donnell. On Friday, October 12, her dog was dead due to his old age. She tweeted about her big loss, saying, "RIP NICKY O BOY - r miami born rescue dog - loyal smart nearly perfect for over a dozen years ...," and posting a picture of her dog.
Rosie adopted Nicky from an animal shelter 13 years ago, according to PEOPLE. He was loyal, smart and nearly a perfect dog for Rosie as she mentioned it in her tweet. A good protecter for her family, he will always be a part of Rosie's family although he's already gone.
"One day, when Blake was 2 years old we were all snow tubing on the hill and Blake jumped in the tube and it started going down," she wrote in an e-mail to PEOPLE. "Nicky put his paws on the tube and held it so Blake wouldn't go down alone."
The death of Rosie's dog happened just a few months after she tied the knot with her new wife, Michelle Rounds, whom she began dating in summer 2011. She previously was married to Kelli Carpenter and has four children.
The former married couple adopted Parker, now 17-year-old boy, Chelsea, now 15-year-old girl, and Blake, now 12-year-old boy. They also have a daughter named Vivienne through artificial insemination.
More Rosie O'Donnell News
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?