Jim Carrey to Lead Band of Thieves in 'Loomis Fargo'
After nabbing a role as The Colonel in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Jim Carrey is close to land another military veteran role in a new comedy film called "Loomis Fargo". Per Variety, the "Dumb and Dumber" actor is in talks to play a character called Dave Ghantt in the Jared Hess-directed bank heist movie.
"Loomis Fargo" is based on a true story of four dim-witted Southerners who were involved in one of the biggest heists in American history. The quartet robbed $17 million from a Loomis Fargo armored truck. Carrey's character is described as a military veteran and night guard at the armored car company. At the same time, he also served as the ringleader of the thieves.
The original script draft was written by Emily Spivey before being repolished by Jody Hill and Danny McBride. The latest draft was penned by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer. The project itself is expected to kick off production in North Carolina around April 2013.
As for Jim Carrey, the rubber-faced actor is still filming Jeff Wadlow's "Kick-Ass 2". He will next be seen starring as Steve Carell's rival magician in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". He is also expected to reprise his role as Lloyd Christmas in the untitled Dumb and Dumber sequel.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'