Jim Carrey to Lead Band of Thieves in 'Loomis Fargo'
After nabbing a role as The Colonel in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Jim Carrey is close to land another military veteran role in a new comedy film called "Loomis Fargo". Per Variety, the "Dumb and Dumber" actor is in talks to play a character called Dave Ghantt in the Jared Hess-directed bank heist movie.
"Loomis Fargo" is based on a true story of four dim-witted Southerners who were involved in one of the biggest heists in American history. The quartet robbed $17 million from a Loomis Fargo armored truck. Carrey's character is described as a military veteran and night guard at the armored car company. At the same time, he also served as the ringleader of the thieves.
The original script draft was written by Emily Spivey before being repolished by Jody Hill and Danny McBride. The latest draft was penned by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer. The project itself is expected to kick off production in North Carolina around April 2013.
As for Jim Carrey, the rubber-faced actor is still filming Jeff Wadlow's "Kick-Ass 2". He will next be seen starring as Steve Carell's rival magician in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". He is also expected to reprise his role as Lloyd Christmas in the untitled Dumb and Dumber sequel.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie