Jim Carrey to Lead Band of Thieves in 'Loomis Fargo'
After nabbing a role as The Colonel in "Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall", Jim Carrey is close to land another military veteran role in a new comedy film called "Loomis Fargo". Per Variety, the "Dumb and Dumber" actor is in talks to play a character called Dave Ghantt in the Jared Hess-directed bank heist movie.
"Loomis Fargo" is based on a true story of four dim-witted Southerners who were involved in one of the biggest heists in American history. The quartet robbed $17 million from a Loomis Fargo armored truck. Carrey's character is described as a military veteran and night guard at the armored car company. At the same time, he also served as the ringleader of the thieves.
The original script draft was written by Emily Spivey before being repolished by Jody Hill and Danny McBride. The latest draft was penned by Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer. The project itself is expected to kick off production in North Carolina around April 2013.
As for Jim Carrey, the rubber-faced actor is still filming Jeff Wadlow's "Kick-Ass 2". He will next be seen starring as Steve Carell's rival magician in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone". He is also expected to reprise his role as Lloyd Christmas in the untitled Dumb and Dumber sequel.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns