'RoboCop' Gets New Futuristic Motorbike, Film Is Delayed Until 2014
Alex Murphy a.k.a RoboCop will have a new ride in the upcoming remake movie. Some new on-set photos from Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" reboot have made their rounds online, giving a clear look at Joel Kinnaman's titular cyborg as he rides a big motorcycle that matches the suit that he wears.
Kinnaman is seen filming a scene on the streets of Torono, Canada, donning the all-black RoboCop armor which has already been unveiled in previous set pictures. His futuristic motorbike is also dominated with black color and the elegant design is fitted with Kinnaman's new costume.
It has been said that the "RoboCop" remake will feature four different versions of the titular character. The idea, however, was slammed by HitFix's critic Drew McWeeny who complained that Padilha's version of the iconic cyborg was more like a Transformer. "Oh, god... oh dear god... Robocop is a Transformer. He goes from 'social mode' to 'combat mode' and back. Full transformation," he said back in August.
While "RoboCop" is still in production, Sony Pictures decides to delay the release of the movie until 2014. The film was previously scheduled to open Stateside on August 9, 2013, but now it is set for a February 7, 2014 release nationwide. The new date will pit the remake film against DreamWorks' "Need for Speed". Meanwhile, the original date is now placed by Matt Damon's "Elysium", which was initially dated for March 1 release next year.
Also starring Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Abbie Cornish, Michael Keaton, Jay Baruchel and Jackie Earle Haley, "RoboCop" follows Alex Murphy who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life.
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'