President Obama Hopes Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj Can Sort Out Their Differences
President Barack Obama has weighed in on Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj feud on "American Idol". In a phone interview with radio host Michael Yo on "The Yo Show", the commander-in-chief is positive the two female judges will be able to solve whatever problem that comes between them.
"Can you repair the relationship with Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj on 'American Idol'? That's what people want to know," Michael asks Mr President about the "We Belong Together" singer and the "Starships" femcee who are both self-proclaimed supporters of Democrat.
"I think that they are going to be able to sort it out, I am confident," Obama replies. "I'm all about bringing people together, working for the same cause. I think both outstanding artists are going to be able to make sure that they're moving forward and not going backwards."
Although Mr. President gives a very diplomatic answer, he does have a preference of the two artists. "Mariah, she's actually done some events for us. I've gotten to know her and Nick (Cannon), she's a wonderful lady," he says. "Nicki I don't know, but I've got her on my iPod."
Obama also talks about his lackluster performance at the first debate against GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney. "There's no doubt that I had an off-night," he admits before adding, "He had a sharp presentation but his ideas are still ones that aren't going to work for America and aren't going to work for your listeners. And so we're just going to keep on going."
More Barack Obama News
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama