Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Snatch Hosting Gig for Golden Globes 2013
Shortly after next year's Oscars hailed Seth MacFarlane as its host, the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards picked two actresses to serve as its hosts. On Monday, October 15, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that it had chosen Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to tackle the prestigious duty for the prize-giving event that will take place in early 2013.
Upon announcing the news, HFPA President Dr. Aida Takla-O'Reilly gushed, "The unparalleled comedic timing of Tina and Amy will surely have viewers wanting to tune-in to see them in action." She said, "The HFPA is thrilled to have the magnetic duo be a part of the show's 70th anniversary!"
NBC Entertainment President of Alternative and Late Night Programming Paul Telegdy added, "Having both Tina Fey and Amy Poehler on board to host this year's festivities is a major coup. Tina and Amy have a proven chemistry and comedic timing from their many years together on 'SNL' to their successful co-starring roles in 'Baby Mama'."
Meanwhile, executive producers of the special, Allen Shapiro, Orly Adelson and Barry Adelman, jointly said, "It's exciting to have two of the most respected names in comedy. Amy and Tina's well known chemistry along with their spontaneity and glamour makes them a perfect fit for the Golden Globes."
Fey won three Golden Globes thanks to her role in "30 Rock", while Poehler was nominated for the award for her role in "Parks and Recreation". They will host the NBC exclusive coverage of Golden Globes 2013 on January 13 from 5 to 8 P.M. PT or 8 to 11 P.M. ET from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.
Previously it was Ricky Gervais who served as the host for the prestigious event. In 2010, he became the first British person to host the Golden Globes in 14 years since 1995. He reprised his hosting gig in 2011 and 2012. While serving as the Golden Globe host, Gervais drew some criticisms since his jokes were deemed too harsh.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince