Brad Pitt's Video Ad for Chanel No. 5 Debuted
Brad Pitt was the unexpected face of Chanel No. 5. As the iconic frangrance's first spokesman, the 48-year-old actor appeared in a black and white ad for the brand, reciting an ode to life, love and smell.
"It's not a journey, every journey ends and we go on," Pitt, who is dressed casually in an unbuttoned shirt, said in the video. "Wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune. Chanel No. 5. Inevitable."
The ad was shot in London and filmed by British director Joe Wright. The "Pride and Prejudice" director called the actor's voice "magnificent." Indeed, Chanel No. 5 wishes to translate Pitt's charm and charisma through the ad. "There is no actor alive that compares with Brad Pitt, whose talent, popularity and looks are legendary, in the same way that no other perfume compares with Chanel No. 5, which was created by Ernest Beaux," the brand said in a statement.
Photos from the new campaign were unveiled by the French house on Friday, October 12. Steven Klein took the photos for the campaign while Sam Taylor-Wood documented filming of the ad in pictures.
Pitt is the first man to front the female perfume's ad. Previous spokespersons are Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Tautou among others.
More Brad Pitt News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie