Brad Pitt's Video Ad for Chanel No. 5 Debuted
Brad Pitt was the unexpected face of Chanel No. 5. As the iconic frangrance's first spokesman, the 48-year-old actor appeared in a black and white ad for the brand, reciting an ode to life, love and smell.
"It's not a journey, every journey ends and we go on," Pitt, who is dressed casually in an unbuttoned shirt, said in the video. "Wherever I go, there you are. My luck, my fate, my fortune. Chanel No. 5. Inevitable."
The ad was shot in London and filmed by British director Joe Wright. The "Pride and Prejudice" director called the actor's voice "magnificent." Indeed, Chanel No. 5 wishes to translate Pitt's charm and charisma through the ad. "There is no actor alive that compares with Brad Pitt, whose talent, popularity and looks are legendary, in the same way that no other perfume compares with Chanel No. 5, which was created by Ernest Beaux," the brand said in a statement.
Photos from the new campaign were unveiled by the French house on Friday, October 12. Steven Klein took the photos for the campaign while Sam Taylor-Wood documented filming of the ad in pictures.
Pitt is the first man to front the female perfume's ad. Previous spokespersons are Catherine Deneuve, Nicole Kidman, Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Tautou among others.
More Brad Pitt News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama