'Amazing Race' Recap: Plates, Egg Head and Lion Dance
During the week three of "The Amazing Race" season 21, the remaining teams continued their adventures in Indonesia. The first pair to leave were last week's winner Natalie and Nadia, followed by Trey and Lexi, who ended up becoming the first team to get the roadblock.
After hailing pedicabs, the teams got into a local eatery where they got the first challenge. They had to serve Padang meal with 20 plates on their hands all at once. If they drop the plates, they must start over again. The task seemed to be difficult for Lexi as she kept starting the task all over again.
Josh and Brent also found it difficult to serve the Padang meal as they repeatedly started all over again as well. The Chippendales pair Jaymes and James, meanwhile, seemed to handle it well and they ended up winning the challenge. Gary and Will were the last to finish the task.
The teams then quickly hailed a taxi and went to a station to catch the first train to hit the next destination. The twins made a big mistake for missing the first train and they had to wait for three hours for the next train to come. Meanwhile, those who were on the first train got the clue for the next challenge.
They had to choose between Egg-Head or Lion's Head. In Egg-Head, they had to collect four eggs, put a fired coconut on their heads to cook the eggs, and finally eat them all. As for Lion's Head, the teams had to take part in a traditional dance by wearing a 40-pound lion's head mask and participate in a parade.
With the "choose the most photogenic task" rule of Detours, eight of the nine teams decided to pick the Lion's Head challenge. Only The Beekman Boys who chose the Egg-Head task. The Chippendales seemed to have fun with the Lion dance. Abbie and Ryan also did the dance and they finished first and won a trip to Fiji.
Trey and Lexi placed second, the Chippendales were in the third place, while James and Abba finished fourth. The rest of the teams were still traveling by train, hoping that they would not get U turned. Unfortunately for Gary and Will, they were U turned and in return, they chose to U turn Rob and Kelley.
Despite the U turn, Will and Gary managed to finish in the eight place. Caitlin and Brittany, whose driver got them lost, ended up in the last place that led them to getting eliminated from the game.
"The Amazing Race" will return for the fourth leg on October 21. The remaining teams will head to Dhaka, Bangladesh to continue the race.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones