'Carrie' Debuts First Apocalyptic Teaser and Bloody Poster at New York Comic-Con
Chloe Moretz-starring "Carrie" remake became one of the highlights at the New York Comic-Con over the weekend. Holding a panel moderated by Entertainment Weekly's Dalton Ross, the new big screen adaptation of Stephen King's famous horror book gave a special treat to the audience by unveiling its first ever teaser trailer.
The footage screened at NYCC began with a helicopter shot of a school gym on fire and some other destruction in Carrie's small hometown. The scene ended up with a close-up look at a blood-covered Carrie. "She wasn't some monster. She was just a girl," so a voiceover said in the apocalyptic teaser.
The panel itself was attended by Moretz and Julianne Moore, director Kimberly Peirce, and producer Kevin Misher. During the panel, they talked about making the new "Carrie" in order to highlight some elements in King's original novel that were not showcased in the original 1976 movie.
The said elements included more destruction scenes and a major change in the story. Director Peirce said that the upcoming reboot would adapt to modern world, in which contemporary social media played an important role when bad girl Sue Snell issued campaign of terror against Carrie.
Aside from unveiling the first footage, "Carie" debuted a first poster that gave an eerie look at Moretz's titular character. Presenting a very close-up look at Carrie's bloody face, the one-sheet has a bold tagline that read, "YOU WILL KNOW HER NAME."
"Carrie" follows a shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a bigoted mother. As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night. The remake will be released in the U.S. on March 15, 2013.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist