'Carrie' Debuts First Apocalyptic Teaser and Bloody Poster at New York Comic-Con
Chloe Moretz-starring "Carrie" remake became one of the highlights at the New York Comic-Con over the weekend. Holding a panel moderated by Entertainment Weekly's Dalton Ross, the new big screen adaptation of Stephen King's famous horror book gave a special treat to the audience by unveiling its first ever teaser trailer.
The footage screened at NYCC began with a helicopter shot of a school gym on fire and some other destruction in Carrie's small hometown. The scene ended up with a close-up look at a blood-covered Carrie. "She wasn't some monster. She was just a girl," so a voiceover said in the apocalyptic teaser.
The panel itself was attended by Moretz and Julianne Moore, director Kimberly Peirce, and producer Kevin Misher. During the panel, they talked about making the new "Carrie" in order to highlight some elements in King's original novel that were not showcased in the original 1976 movie.
The said elements included more destruction scenes and a major change in the story. Director Peirce said that the upcoming reboot would adapt to modern world, in which contemporary social media played an important role when bad girl Sue Snell issued campaign of terror against Carrie.
Aside from unveiling the first footage, "Carie" debuted a first poster that gave an eerie look at Moretz's titular character. Presenting a very close-up look at Carrie's bloody face, the one-sheet has a bold tagline that read, "YOU WILL KNOW HER NAME."
"Carrie" follows a shy high school student Carrie White, who is raised by a bigoted mother. As she reaches puberty, the young girl possesses a destructive telepathic power that she uses for lethal means to execute her classmates who bully her during a prom night. The remake will be released in the U.S. on March 15, 2013.
More Carrie News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences