VP Debate Mockery Stole the Show on 'SNL'
Christina Applegate did a modest job of hosting "Saturday Night Live" on October 13 but it was Taran Killam and Jason Sudeikis who stole the show with their Vice Presidential debate mockery. Killam posed as Republican challenger Paul Ryan, complete with the hairstyle, while Sudeikis played the role of Bidden, a particularly cheerful one.
The debate was moderated by Kate McKinnon's Martha Raddatz who asked for a clarification on Bidden's newly-popularized term "malarkey". Responding to Ryan's opening statement, Bidden bellowed, "With all due respect, this is a bunch of malarkey!" Raddatz then begged him to clarify and Ryan chimed in, "Uh, it's Irish." Bidden countered, "No, no no. Irish is I come over and smack that dumb look off your face!"
Bidden was portrayed in the skit very interruptive with his loud laughters. The debate reached its climax when Bidden addressed Ryan's physically fit body. "There is gym strong and there's old man strong," Biden argued. "Do you want to know my workout? When the Amtrak breaks down on my morning commute, I strip down my tighty whiteys and push that b**ch all the way to Washington."
Raddatz also had her moment when she talked about presidential debate moderator Jim Lehrer. "Do I sound like Jim Lehrer? Do I look like Jim Lehrer?" she asked the men who immediately said no. "Then don't try to f**k me like I'm Jim Lehrer," she deadpanned.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor