VP Debate Mockery Stole the Show on 'SNL'
Christina Applegate did a modest job of hosting "Saturday Night Live" on October 13 but it was Taran Killam and Jason Sudeikis who stole the show with their Vice Presidential debate mockery. Killam posed as Republican challenger Paul Ryan, complete with the hairstyle, while Sudeikis played the role of Bidden, a particularly cheerful one.
The debate was moderated by Kate McKinnon's Martha Raddatz who asked for a clarification on Bidden's newly-popularized term "malarkey". Responding to Ryan's opening statement, Bidden bellowed, "With all due respect, this is a bunch of malarkey!" Raddatz then begged him to clarify and Ryan chimed in, "Uh, it's Irish." Bidden countered, "No, no no. Irish is I come over and smack that dumb look off your face!"
Bidden was portrayed in the skit very interruptive with his loud laughters. The debate reached its climax when Bidden addressed Ryan's physically fit body. "There is gym strong and there's old man strong," Biden argued. "Do you want to know my workout? When the Amtrak breaks down on my morning commute, I strip down my tighty whiteys and push that b**ch all the way to Washington."
Raddatz also had her moment when she talked about presidential debate moderator Jim Lehrer. "Do I sound like Jim Lehrer? Do I look like Jim Lehrer?" she asked the men who immediately said no. "Then don't try to f**k me like I'm Jim Lehrer," she deadpanned.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story