Legendary Actor Gary Collins Died of Natural Causes
Gary Collins has drawn his last breath. The Emmy-winning TV host and actor died on early Saturday, October 13 morning in Biloxi, MS at the age of 74 of natural causes. According to Harrison County Coroner Gary Hargrove, Collins died at approximately 12:56 A.M., soon after arriving at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.
Collins is survived by wife, Miss America and Mississippi native Mary Ann Mobley, whom he separated from last year. They got married in 1967 and had one child together. Collins is also a father to two other kids from a previous marriage.
As an actor, Collins appeared in numerous TV shows including "The Sixth Sense", "JAG," "Yes, Dear", "The Love Boat" and "The Young and the Restless". His latest TV stint was in 2009 when he appeared in "Dirty Sexy Money". He was also known for hosting the talk show "Hour Magazine" in the 1980s, "The Home Show" and the Miss America Pageant from 1985 to 1989.
His life was marred with run-in with the laws such as DUI arrest and skipping out on restaurant bill. For the former, he served four days in jail and for the latter, he was dismissed by a Harrison County judge after the restaurant employee withdrew his complaint.
Funeral arrangement is not yet disclosed.
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series