Lana Del Rey Releases a Short Movie for Her Single 'Ride'
A short movie filmed for Lana Del Rey's latest single "Ride" has been released online, just a few days after it was premiered at Santa Monica's Aero Theater. It follows the internet sensation as a biker chick who sets out on a journey on the open road to find the freedom she's been craving for.
"I was in the winter of my life, and the men I met along the road were my only summer," she narrates the story. "I was a singer, not a very popular one, who once had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet, but upon an unfortunate series of events, saw those dreams dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky that I wished on over and over again - sparkling and broken."
"When the people I used to know found out what I had been doing, how I had been living, they asked me why. But there's no use in talking to people who have a home, they have no idea what it's like to seek safety in other people, for home to be wherever you lie your head," she continues.
"Every night I used to pray that I'd find my people, and finally I did, on the open road. We had nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore, except to make our lives a work of art," she adds. "Live fast. Die Young. Be Wild. And Have Fun."
"Ride" is taken from Lana's "Born to Die: The Paradise Edition".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked