Ryan Reynolds and Jon Favreau to Team Up for Race Movie 'Battle for Bonneville'
Ryan Reynolds has nabbed his latest movie project with New Regency. According to Deadline, the husband of Blake Lively has been attached to star in a movie called "Battle for Bonneville", which is based on the true story of racer brothers Art and Walt Arfons.
The new project has also sealed "Iron Man" helmer Jon Favreau as the director. The script, meanwhile, will be provided by Tony Gilroy's brother Dan Gilroy who recently wrote the screenplay for "The Bourne Legacy".
"Battle for Bonnenville" follows half-brothers Art and Walt who are also rivals on the drag race track. They later put aside their differences and team up to set the world land speed record for three times. The record was accomplished in the salt flats of Utah in a jet-powered race car.
In addition to the race movie, Reynolds' upcoming project is a thriller called "The Voices" from "Paranormal Activity" script Michael R. Perry. As for Favreau, the actor-turned-director is currently also preparing "Jersey Boys", which he will direct before jumping into the Arfons brothers film.
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up