Ryan Reynolds and Jon Favreau to Team Up for Race Movie 'Battle for Bonneville'
Ryan Reynolds has nabbed his latest movie project with New Regency. According to Deadline, the husband of Blake Lively has been attached to star in a movie called "Battle for Bonneville", which is based on the true story of racer brothers Art and Walt Arfons.
The new project has also sealed "Iron Man" helmer Jon Favreau as the director. The script, meanwhile, will be provided by Tony Gilroy's brother Dan Gilroy who recently wrote the screenplay for "The Bourne Legacy".
"Battle for Bonnenville" follows half-brothers Art and Walt who are also rivals on the drag race track. They later put aside their differences and team up to set the world land speed record for three times. The record was accomplished in the salt flats of Utah in a jet-powered race car.
In addition to the race movie, Reynolds' upcoming project is a thriller called "The Voices" from "Paranormal Activity" script Michael R. Perry. As for Favreau, the actor-turned-director is currently also preparing "Jersey Boys", which he will direct before jumping into the Arfons brothers film.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support