Katy Perry Auctions Off Signed Guitar and a Date to Gay Bar
Katy Perry came to amfAR Inspiration Gala on a mission, raising as much money as she could to benefit the American Foundation for AIDS Research. During the event at the Milk Studios in Los Angeles Thursday night, October 11, she auctioned off a signed guitar.
As a bonus, the West Coast singer promised to take the winning bidder to gay bar, The Abbey. "Girls Gone Wild" creator Joe Francis kicked off the bidding with $10,000, but New York Giants owner Steve Tisch won the war by giving $32,000 for the music instrument.
Katy then ran to Steve, hugged him, and jokingly said, "I'm going to have sex with you." The former wife of Russell Brand later took the stage to wrap up the fundraiser by singing her songs "Wide Awake" & "Firework" and covering Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me".
Katy looked lovely wearing a taupe, rose and ivory off-shoulder gown with a crystal belt. The pop star took time to pose with other celebrity guests including the beautiful Kate Hudson who was stunning in a red Prabal Gurung gown with deep plunging neckline.
Other attendees included Sarah Jessica Parker who rocked a black Chanel jumpsuit with a sequined jacket, and Alessandra Ambrosio in a Zuhair Murad dress. Rumer Willis, Kristin Davis, Mark Salling, Octavia Spencer and Rose McGowan were there as well.
The benefit event was hosted by Chelsea Handler and raised more than $1.3 million.
More Katy Perry News
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?