Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Josh Holloway May Land Roles in 'Captain America 2'
A few days ago, there was rumor suggesting that five actresses auditioned to star as Steve Rogers' new love interest in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". While the previous report hasn't been confirmed, another rumor stating that Marvel Studios apparently sets its eyes on a different actress to play Peggy Carter's niece Sharon a.k.a Agent 13 has surfaced on the Internet.
Latino Reviews has learned that it is none other than Mary Elizabeth Winstead, who becomes Marvel's top pick to tackle the part of the female lead in "Captain America 2". The report is quite surprising since the "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" actress was not included in the reported shortlist that mentioned the likes of Emilia Clarke, Alison Brie, Teresa Palmer, Imogen Poots and Jessica Brown Findlay.
In another "Captain America 2" casting report, it is said that Marvel is looking for two "very physical" male parts for the sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger". Details of the two roles are still scarce, but it is reported that one of them is an American character while the other one is a foreign one.
Words are, "Lost" actor Josh Holloway and "Game of Thrones" star Nikolaj Coster Waldau are both set to be screen tested for the said roles. Also being considered to take one of the parts is Kevin Durand, who was last seen playing badass Barry Burton in "Resident Evil: Retribution".
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will bring back Chris Evans as the good ol' Cap. Samuel L. Jackson, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie are also on board to star in it. Directed by the Russo brothers, the sequel is set to grace the U.S. theaters on April 4, 2014.
Apart from the "Captain America" reports, Latino Review also shares the scoop about Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" project. Rumor has it, Star-Lord, Gamora and Drax The Destroyer will get more highlight than Rocket Raccoon and Groot. The three will get "visual and backstory updates to meld them into the Marvel Cinematic Universe." Gamora and Drax's backstories reportedly will tie them to both "Guardians" and "The Avengers 2" villain Thanos.
"Guardians of the Galaxy" will open Stateside on August 1, 2014.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones