Matt Damon Hints He Won't Likely Star in Another 'Bourne' Movie
The wish to see Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner sharing scenes in a "Bourne" movie would not come true after all. Damon has recently indicated that he might not take part in the film franchise again as long as filmmaker Paul Greengrass, who helmed "The Bourne Supremacy" and "The Bourne Ultimatum", was not involved in it.
"There has not been any movement," the 42-year-old actor told Movieline when discussing the possibility of him returning as Jason Bourne. "I've always been open to it as long as Paul Greengrass directs, I don't think he's going to do it," he added with a laugh.
When asked why Greengrass would likely not return to direct the "Bourne" franchise, Damon responded that "from what I understand, it kind of relives [The Bourne Ultimatum] from a different perspective," referring to "The Bourne Legacy".
"What that means, because they use our actors and characters, is that whatever they said [in Legacy] is true and so we'd have to acknowledge it in any Bourne movie that we'd do," he added. "And that makes it really tough."
"I don't think we can do the Dallas it-was-all-a-dream scenario. I don't think the audience would go for that after they paid money to see a movie. I'd really love to do another one because I love the character," Damon continued, before noting that there was another problem that would make it "a real struggle to extend the franchise."
Back in June, producer Frank Marshall expressed his interest to bring Damon and Renner in one "Bourne" movie. "You see there are several different programs in the movie with different skill sets," he said before teasing, "All possibilities are open. My dream is that in the next one we see Matt and Jeremy team up."
Renner starred in "Bourne Legacy" which was released Stateside on August 10. So far, the film rakes in around $232 million worldwide.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story