Ridley Scott Hints at 'Prometheus' Sequel Plot
Director Ridley Scott has given some tidbits on the planned sequel to "Prometheus". In an interview with Metro, the English filmmaker dished on his idea about how Noomi Rapace's and Michael Fassbender's characters would become in the untitled Prometheus sequel.
As shown at the end of the first film, Noomie's Elizabeth Shaw runs away from the hellish planet while carrying the head of Michael's David with her. "Prometheus evolved into a whole other universe," Ridley explained, before hinting that the scene might lead to an important event in the sequel.
"You've got a person [Noomi's Elizabeth] with a head in a bag [Michael's David] that functions and has an IQ of 350," he elaborated further. "It can explain to her how to put the head back on the body and she's gonna think about that long and hard because, once the head is back on his body, he's dangerous."
Urged if the sequel would revolve around David and Elizabeth's story, the elder brother of late Tony Scott said, "[Laughs] I wish it was that easy." He added, "They're going off to paradise but it could be the most savage, horrible place. Who are the Engineers?"
During the chat, the "Gladiator" helmer also talked about the long-gestating sequel project to "Blade Runner". Giving a little update of the film, he said, "It's not a rumor - it's happening. With Harrison Ford? I don't know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don't know how long he can live [laughs]. And that's all I'm going to say at this stage."
More Alien: Covenant News
- Justin Bieber Shares His Old Mugshot, Reflects on His Troubled Past
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her