MTV Denies Colton Haynes Exits 'Teen Wolf'
Is Colton Haynes really exiting MTV's hit series "Teen Wolf"? Rumors have been circulating on the Internet, suggesting that the depicter of Jackson will not return for the third season of the show. Quickly pouring cold water to the reports, the network clarifies that the Kansas actor is not "being pushed out" of the fan-favorite series.
In a statement to Entertainment Weekly, MTV claims that there is "absolutely no truth that Colton is being pushed out or that he, or any cast member, is being replaced." The network says, "We love Colton and look forward to his returning with the entire cast for season 3 of Teen Wolf."
Rumors that Colton bows out of "Teen Wolf" are first sparked by E! News, which stated that the actor was departing the show because of "failed contract negotiations." Colton himself added fuel to the report by writing a cryptic note on Twitter, "These past few yrs have been the best of my life. I'm sad that this chapter has ended, but excited for a new one to begin. Thx for the love."
Multiple sources from the network revealed that the 24-year-old hunk was given a "lucrative offer" for two more seasons (48 episodes), but his camp sat on the decision for almost two months. On the other hand, Colton sources insisted that the young talent was only offered a commitment of appearing in 12 episodes of season 3.
"It didn't make sense for him," said the insider. "It is heartbreaking for him. He is used to hanging out with the cast every day. They are his friends. But he couldn't agree to a limited role." While Colton's fate on "Teen Wolf" remained unclear, the show will go on for season 3 with its first five episode aired without the appearance of Colton's Jackson.
In the last season of "Teen Wolf", Colton's Jackson became a werewolf after he spent most of the season as the show's bad guy a.k.a Kanima. He later turned into a good way alongside his love interest Lydia.
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single