Ben Affleck to Adapt 'Live By Night' Following 'Argo' Success
Fresh off his highly-praised directorial stint in "Argo", Ben Affleck is ready to shepherd another high-profile movie. The actor-turned-filmmaker is currently in talks to team up with Warner Bros. Pictures once again to adapt Dennis Lehane's mystery novel "Live By Night" into the big screen, Deadline reports.
Should Affleck sign the deal with Warners, the book-adapted movie will likely be his next directorial and screenwriting gig after "Argo". His producing company with Matt Damon, Pearl Street, will join Leonardo DiCaprio's and Jennifer Davisson Killoran's Appian Way banner to back the project.
"Live By Night" centers on Joe Coughlin, a Boston cop's son who rebels against his father and eventually joins a mobster. His organized crime spreads across Tampa, Florida and Cuba. Author Lehane aims to complete the series as a trilogy, but Affleck will focus on "Live By Night".
Affleck has become Warners' favorite recently. Aside from "Live By Night", he is attached to helm the studio's other projects, including an adaptation of Stephen King's "The Stand" and a remake of French thriller "Tell No One (2013)". As for his acting stint, the husband of Jennifer Garner will be seen starring in "Focus", which is also developed at WB.
More Live By Night News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'