Ben Affleck to Adapt 'Live By Night' Following 'Argo' Success
Fresh off his highly-praised directorial stint in "Argo", Ben Affleck is ready to shepherd another high-profile movie. The actor-turned-filmmaker is currently in talks to team up with Warner Bros. Pictures once again to adapt Dennis Lehane's mystery novel "Live By Night" into the big screen, Deadline reports.
Should Affleck sign the deal with Warners, the book-adapted movie will likely be his next directorial and screenwriting gig after "Argo". His producing company with Matt Damon, Pearl Street, will join Leonardo DiCaprio's and Jennifer Davisson Killoran's Appian Way banner to back the project.
"Live By Night" centers on Joe Coughlin, a Boston cop's son who rebels against his father and eventually joins a mobster. His organized crime spreads across Tampa, Florida and Cuba. Author Lehane aims to complete the series as a trilogy, but Affleck will focus on "Live By Night".
Affleck has become Warners' favorite recently. Aside from "Live By Night", he is attached to helm the studio's other projects, including an adaptation of Stephen King's "The Stand" and a remake of French thriller "Tell No One (2013)". As for his acting stint, the husband of Jennifer Garner will be seen starring in "Focus", which is also developed at WB.
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'
- Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey Fight Over Renee Zellweger in New 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Trailer
- Khloe Kardashian and Trey Songz Get Touchy-Freely While Leaving Her Birthday Bash Together
- Drake Pictured Filming 'One Dance' Video in Africa
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic