Rupert Sanders Could Direct Tom Cruise in 'Van Helsing' Reboot
Rupert Sanders may follow his directorial debut "Snow White and the Huntsman" with another reboot of an internationally famous tale. The English filmmaker is reportedly engaged in early talks with Universal Pictures to helm its "Van Helsing (2016)" project which already secures Tom Cruise as the male lead.
Per Twitch, Universal reportedly wants to give another try to Sanders despite the fact that his personal affair with actress Kristen Stewart has marred his filmmaking career. The talks, however, are said to be "still relatively casual" and are based on "a mutual interest in doing the project with one another."
The "Van Helsing" reboot has nabbed screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who previously worked with Cruise in 2006's "Mission: Impossible 3". This new project is also part of a first look deal between Kurtzman and Orci's K/O Paper Products and Universal.
The original "Van Helsing", which starred Hugh Jackman, grossed $300 million worldwide in 2004. However, the Stephen Sommers-directed movie was dubbed a creative failure and a potential franchise for the film had been abolished.
The new version will likely be shot after Cruise wraps his other project "All You Need Is Kill". Should Sanders join the project, he will likely jump into this film before going back to the "Snow White" spin-off, which he's been rumored to be directing.
More Van Helsing News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed