Rupert Sanders Could Direct Tom Cruise in 'Van Helsing' Reboot
Rupert Sanders may follow his directorial debut "Snow White and the Huntsman" with another reboot of an internationally famous tale. The English filmmaker is reportedly engaged in early talks with Universal Pictures to helm its "Van Helsing (2016)" project which already secures Tom Cruise as the male lead.
Per Twitch, Universal reportedly wants to give another try to Sanders despite the fact that his personal affair with actress Kristen Stewart has marred his filmmaking career. The talks, however, are said to be "still relatively casual" and are based on "a mutual interest in doing the project with one another."
The "Van Helsing" reboot has nabbed screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who previously worked with Cruise in 2006's "Mission: Impossible 3". This new project is also part of a first look deal between Kurtzman and Orci's K/O Paper Products and Universal.
The original "Van Helsing", which starred Hugh Jackman, grossed $300 million worldwide in 2004. However, the Stephen Sommers-directed movie was dubbed a creative failure and a potential franchise for the film had been abolished.
The new version will likely be shot after Cruise wraps his other project "All You Need Is Kill". Should Sanders join the project, he will likely jump into this film before going back to the "Snow White" spin-off, which he's been rumored to be directing.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed