Rupert Sanders Could Direct Tom Cruise in 'Van Helsing' Reboot
Rupert Sanders may follow his directorial debut "Snow White and the Huntsman" with another reboot of an internationally famous tale. The English filmmaker is reportedly engaged in early talks with Universal Pictures to helm its "Van Helsing (2016)" project which already secures Tom Cruise as the male lead.
Per Twitch, Universal reportedly wants to give another try to Sanders despite the fact that his personal affair with actress Kristen Stewart has marred his filmmaking career. The talks, however, are said to be "still relatively casual" and are based on "a mutual interest in doing the project with one another."
The "Van Helsing" reboot has nabbed screenwriters Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who previously worked with Cruise in 2006's "Mission: Impossible 3". This new project is also part of a first look deal between Kurtzman and Orci's K/O Paper Products and Universal.
The original "Van Helsing", which starred Hugh Jackman, grossed $300 million worldwide in 2004. However, the Stephen Sommers-directed movie was dubbed a creative failure and a potential franchise for the film had been abolished.
The new version will likely be shot after Cruise wraps his other project "All You Need Is Kill". Should Sanders join the project, he will likely jump into this film before going back to the "Snow White" spin-off, which he's been rumored to be directing.
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family