Video: Ann Romney Has Cooking Emergency on 'Good Morning America'
Ann Romney showed her cooking skill when stopping by "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, October 10. Appearing as a guest host to fill in for Robin Roberts, she was introduced by regular co-hosts, including George Stephanopoulos, while preparing some Welsh cakes in the kitchen.
"Tell us about these," Stephanopoulos asked the wife of Mitt Romney from the other part of the set. "They're burning. You've got to turn the griddle down," she replied, before jokingly adding, "I got a cooking emergency. The griddle's too hot."
She then explained her family's history with the recipe. "You know, my grandfather started working in Wales at age six and my grandmother from the time they could ever remember ate Welsh cakes every day at three o'clock and so I'm learning how," she shared. "I learned from my grandmother and now I'm teaching my grandkids."
In another segment where actor Stanley Tucci talked about his new cookbook, a too-hot pan almost caused another cooking disaster on the kitchen set. "They burned my Welsh cakes too!" Mrs. Romney said. She then joked about an emergency situation that forced her campaign plane to land in Colorado in September, "I don't know, my plane almost goes down, now I almost get burned with butter."
During her guest-hosting stint, Mrs. Romney also chatted with Drew Lachey and Helio Castroneves about their recent eliminations from "Dancing with the Stars". She additionally interviewed Paralympic equestrian Rebecca Hart and talked about the benefits of horse therapy.
At the end of the episode, Stephanopoulos said, "Thank you to Ann Romney. Sorry we nearly blew you up." He earlier confirmed that the show had offered Michelle Obama to appear and she's still working out her schedule.
More Good Morning America News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding