Ben Affleck Is Still in Touch With Jennifer Lopez
After splitting with Jennifer Lopez 8 years ago, Ben Affleck confessed to The Hollywood Reporter that he still kept in touch with the "On the Floor" singer. However, he explained that it's now more like a supportive friendship.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great'," he said to the magazine. He gave his support to the 43-year-old actress when she became the judge of "American Idol", "I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
He then recalled the lowest point of his career when he had to enter an alcohol rehabilitation center in 2001, "I went to rehab for being 29 and partying too much and not having a lot of boundaries and to clear my head and try to get some idea of who I wanted to be." Yet, he refused to say more about it, "It was more a 'let me get myself straight' before it became a rite of passage."
The 40-year-old actor and film director met the "Maid in Manhattan" actress on the movie set of "Gigli" and they dated shortly after. During their courtship, they were well known as Bennifer. However, they split in January 2004, citing the media scrutiny as the reason of their separation.
Ben has been the husband of Jennifer Garner since June 29, 2005. In the sit-down with THR, the "Argo" movie director also revealed that he kept several guns for family safety. Commenting on the alleged stalker Garner faced recently, he said, "It gave me a stronger sense of feeling protective about my family. There's a lot of crazy, weird people out there. It's an ugly world."
More Ben Affleck News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle