Ben Affleck Is Still in Touch With Jennifer Lopez
After splitting with Jennifer Lopez 8 years ago, Ben Affleck confessed to The Hollywood Reporter that he still kept in touch with the "On the Floor" singer. However, he explained that it's now more like a supportive friendship.
"We don't have the kind of relationship where she relies on me for advice but we do have the kind of relationship where there'll be an e-mail saying, 'Oh, your movie looks great'," he said to the magazine. He gave his support to the 43-year-old actress when she became the judge of "American Idol", "I said, 'This was really smart. Good luck.' I touch base. I respect her. I like her. She's put up with some stuff that was unfair in her life, and I'm really pleased to see her successful."
He then recalled the lowest point of his career when he had to enter an alcohol rehabilitation center in 2001, "I went to rehab for being 29 and partying too much and not having a lot of boundaries and to clear my head and try to get some idea of who I wanted to be." Yet, he refused to say more about it, "It was more a 'let me get myself straight' before it became a rite of passage."
The 40-year-old actor and film director met the "Maid in Manhattan" actress on the movie set of "Gigli" and they dated shortly after. During their courtship, they were well known as Bennifer. However, they split in January 2004, citing the media scrutiny as the reason of their separation.
Ben has been the husband of Jennifer Garner since June 29, 2005. In the sit-down with THR, the "Argo" movie director also revealed that he kept several guns for family safety. Commenting on the alleged stalker Garner faced recently, he said, "It gave me a stronger sense of feeling protective about my family. There's a lot of crazy, weird people out there. It's an ugly world."
More Ben Affleck News
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group
- Artist of the Week: DJ Snake
- Idris Elba Confirms He Is Done Filming His Part in 'The Dark Tower'
- Kylie Jenner Gets Banned From Entering Club Where Tyga Performs. Here's Why