Britney Spears Is 'Honored and Humbled' to Join Whitney Houston's TV Tribute Show
Britney Spears has been confirmed to take part in CBS' one-hour special "We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute to Whitney Houston". She is set to join a host of A-list celebrities for the Whitney Houston tribute show that will air on November 13 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
Announcing her excitement to partake in the tribute event, which will take place on Thursday, October 11, the "Hold It Against Me" songstress tweeted, "I am both honored and humbled to take part in the GRAMMY salute to Whitney Houston on Thursday..." The blond beauty gushed, "She'll always be 1 of my heroes!"
Britney, however, will likely not deliver a musical performance at the event. Along with Halle Berry, Taraji P. Henson and LL Cool J, the judge of "The X Factor (US)" is slated to introduce segments where Houston's never-before-seen footage will be shown on the stage at the Nokia Theatre.
Still, fans can expect performances from such musicians as Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Usher. Gospel singer Yolanda Adams and Grammy winner CeCe Winans are also listed as the performers for the show.
Whitney's TV tribute will celebrate her life and career with new footage that sees highlights of her Grammy telecast performances, her performance of the national anthem at Super Bowl XXV in 1991, and her very first TV appearance on "The Mery Griffin Show" in the 1980s. Some of her exclusive interviews will also be unveiled during the event.
A day prior to the broadcast of the show, a new greatest hits compilation titled "I Will Always Love You - The Best of Whitney Houston" will be released Stateside. Aside from featuring her worldwide hit singles, the album will offer unreleased song "Never Give Up" and an alternate version of "I Look to You" which features R. Kelly. A photo book called "Whitney: Tribute to an Icon" will also be released in honor of the late diva on November 27.
More Britney Spears News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival