Scarlett Johansson Recreates 'Psycho' Shower Scene in First 'Hitchcock' Trailer
Anthony Hopkins brings legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock back to life in the first trailer for Sacha Gervasi's high-profile biography drama "Hitchcock". The promo video gives a look at the titular director's up-and-down romantic life with wife Alma Reville amid the making of his famous horror flick "Psycho".
"I'm just the man hiding in the corner of the camera,... watching," so Hopkins says when narrating his character. His convincing performance is balanced by Helen Mirren's role as tough lady Reville. Also becoming a highlight in the trailer is Scarlett Johansson, who is at one point seen recreating Janet Leigh's iconic shower murder scene in the 1960 movie.
Being poised as a potential award contender, "Hitchcock" centers on the relationship between the filmmaker, who was deemed England's best director, and his wife, editor and assistant director Alma Reville. She was Hitchcock's sounding board and constant collaborator for the fifty-four years of their marriage, and had a keen mind for dialogue and continuity.
Rounding up the cast ensemble are the likes of Jessica Biel, Michael Stuhlbarg, Toni Collette, Danny Huston, James D'Arcy, Kurtwood Smith, Wallace Langham and Ralph Macchio. The film will serve as the opener for AFI Fest on November 1 before being released Stateside on November 23.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video