Scarlett Johansson Recreates 'Psycho' Shower Scene in First 'Hitchcock' Trailer
Anthony Hopkins brings legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock back to life in the first trailer for Sacha Gervasi's high-profile biography drama "Hitchcock". The promo video gives a look at the titular director's up-and-down romantic life with wife Alma Reville amid the making of his famous horror flick "Psycho".
"I'm just the man hiding in the corner of the camera,... watching," so Hopkins says when narrating his character. His convincing performance is balanced by Helen Mirren's role as tough lady Reville. Also becoming a highlight in the trailer is Scarlett Johansson, who is at one point seen recreating Janet Leigh's iconic shower murder scene in the 1960 movie.
Being poised as a potential award contender, "Hitchcock" centers on the relationship between the filmmaker, who was deemed England's best director, and his wife, editor and assistant director Alma Reville. She was Hitchcock's sounding board and constant collaborator for the fifty-four years of their marriage, and had a keen mind for dialogue and continuity.
Rounding up the cast ensemble are the likes of Jessica Biel, Michael Stuhlbarg, Toni Collette, Danny Huston, James D'Arcy, Kurtwood Smith, Wallace Langham and Ralph Macchio. The film will serve as the opener for AFI Fest on November 1 before being released Stateside on November 23.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital