Scarlett Johansson Recreates 'Psycho' Shower Scene in First 'Hitchcock' Trailer
Anthony Hopkins brings legendary filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock back to life in the first trailer for Sacha Gervasi's high-profile biography drama "Hitchcock". The promo video gives a look at the titular director's up-and-down romantic life with wife Alma Reville amid the making of his famous horror flick "Psycho".
"I'm just the man hiding in the corner of the camera,... watching," so Hopkins says when narrating his character. His convincing performance is balanced by Helen Mirren's role as tough lady Reville. Also becoming a highlight in the trailer is Scarlett Johansson, who is at one point seen recreating Janet Leigh's iconic shower murder scene in the 1960 movie.
Being poised as a potential award contender, "Hitchcock" centers on the relationship between the filmmaker, who was deemed England's best director, and his wife, editor and assistant director Alma Reville. She was Hitchcock's sounding board and constant collaborator for the fifty-four years of their marriage, and had a keen mind for dialogue and continuity.
Rounding up the cast ensemble are the likes of Jessica Biel, Michael Stuhlbarg, Toni Collette, Danny Huston, James D'Arcy, Kurtwood Smith, Wallace Langham and Ralph Macchio. The film will serve as the opener for AFI Fest on November 1 before being released Stateside on November 23.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce