Police Called to Justin Bieber's House by Swatting Prank Caller
"Swatting" prank continues to torment police with Justin Bieber being the latest celebrity used as bait. A 911 call was put in using an app on Tuesday, October 9 night. The caller claimed someone was waving gun right next to the pop star's home in Los Angeles.
Police enforcement including cars and helicopters were immediately sent to Bieber's residence. According to TMZ, Bieber's security let the police in to do a sweep around the house. They found nothing but did similar sweep in two other homes on the block as precaution. The cops later determined that it was a "swatting" prank using an app.
Similar prank had landed on other celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Ashton Kutcher. Making a false call to 911 is considered a misdemeanor. The prank caller will be prosecuted and could face felony charges as well as up to three years in jail.
More Justin Bieber News
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off