Police Called to Justin Bieber's House by Swatting Prank Caller
"Swatting" prank continues to torment police with Justin Bieber being the latest celebrity used as bait. A 911 call was put in using an app on Tuesday, October 9 night. The caller claimed someone was waving gun right next to the pop star's home in Los Angeles.
Police enforcement including cars and helicopters were immediately sent to Bieber's residence. According to TMZ, Bieber's security let the police in to do a sweep around the house. They found nothing but did similar sweep in two other homes on the block as precaution. The cops later determined that it was a "swatting" prank using an app.
Similar prank had landed on other celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Ashton Kutcher. Making a false call to 911 is considered a misdemeanor. The prank caller will be prosecuted and could face felony charges as well as up to three years in jail.
More Justin Bieber News
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'