Police Called to Justin Bieber's House by Swatting Prank Caller
"Swatting" prank continues to torment police with Justin Bieber being the latest celebrity used as bait. A 911 call was put in using an app on Tuesday, October 9 night. The caller claimed someone was waving gun right next to the pop star's home in Los Angeles.
Police enforcement including cars and helicopters were immediately sent to Bieber's residence. According to TMZ, Bieber's security let the police in to do a sweep around the house. They found nothing but did similar sweep in two other homes on the block as precaution. The cops later determined that it was a "swatting" prank using an app.
Similar prank had landed on other celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Ashton Kutcher. Making a false call to 911 is considered a misdemeanor. The prank caller will be prosecuted and could face felony charges as well as up to three years in jail.
More Justin Bieber News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert