Police Called to Justin Bieber's House by Swatting Prank Caller
"Swatting" prank continues to torment police with Justin Bieber being the latest celebrity used as bait. A 911 call was put in using an app on Tuesday, October 9 night. The caller claimed someone was waving gun right next to the pop star's home in Los Angeles.
Police enforcement including cars and helicopters were immediately sent to Bieber's residence. According to TMZ, Bieber's security let the police in to do a sweep around the house. They found nothing but did similar sweep in two other homes on the block as precaution. The cops later determined that it was a "swatting" prank using an app.
Similar prank had landed on other celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Ashton Kutcher. Making a false call to 911 is considered a misdemeanor. The prank caller will be prosecuted and could face felony charges as well as up to three years in jail.
More Justin Bieber News
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring