Police Called to Justin Bieber's House by Swatting Prank Caller
"Swatting" prank continues to torment police with Justin Bieber being the latest celebrity used as bait. A 911 call was put in using an app on Tuesday, October 9 night. The caller claimed someone was waving gun right next to the pop star's home in Los Angeles.
Police enforcement including cars and helicopters were immediately sent to Bieber's residence. According to TMZ, Bieber's security let the police in to do a sweep around the house. They found nothing but did similar sweep in two other homes on the block as precaution. The cops later determined that it was a "swatting" prank using an app.
Similar prank had landed on other celebrities such as Miley Cyrus and Ashton Kutcher. Making a false call to 911 is considered a misdemeanor. The prank caller will be prosecuted and could face felony charges as well as up to three years in jail.
More Justin Bieber News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie