Janet Jackson Sends Vanity Fair Legal Letter to Retract Article
In a lengthy letter to Vanity Fair's editor-in-chief, Janet Jackson demands a retraction of an article that the magazine has published in its November 2012 issue. The singer believed the media is trying to defame her by posting false story about her delaying brother Michael Jackson's funeral three years ago.
The article contained an excerpt of Randall Sullivan's upcoming book, "Untouchable: The Strange Life and Tragic Death of Michael Jackson". The book's author claimed Janet was delaying the funeral until she was reimbursed the $40,000 deposit to secure his plot.
In a legal letter sent via her attorney Blair G. Brown, Janet said, "Ms. Jackson never delayed the funeral in anyway. In fact, she paid for the funeral and was reimbursed for some of those expenses by Michael Jackson's estate in the year after the services took place. In addition, there were other private costs associated with Michael Jackson's passing that Ms. Jackson incurred and for which she has never sought reimbursement."
Brown continued, "To falsely accuse Ms. Jackson of holding up her brother's funeral over money is outrageous. This story is particularly hurtful and distressing because of Ms. Jackson's strong desire to serve her brother, whom she loved dearly, and he wish to stand with and support her family."
"I demand that Vanity Fair retract its statement that Ms. Jackson 'refused' to let Michael Jackson's funeral take place until the money she put down as a deposition on his burial plot was repaid," Brown wrote further. "To the extend that this statement appears in excerpts of Untouchable published in Vanity Fair's November 2012 issue, I demand that Vanity Fair publish a retraction explaining that the statement is false."
More Janet Jackson News
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert