Video: Anderson Cooper Mocks Bristol Palin's 'DWTS' Meltdown
Anderson Cooper didn't buy Bristol Palin's meltdown on "Dancing with the Stars" recently. The daughter of Sarah Palin had a fight with Mark Ballas accusing him of not really wanting to be her dancing partner, but the Silver Fox called the fight a ploy to win sympathy from voters.
"Anybody who's on a reality show now knows that to get attention you have to take it to another level," the CNN anchor said. "You need to have a wardrobe malfunction, you need to pass out, you need to throw up, you need to have a fight, you need to have a break down." He concluded, "You need a storyline."
In Bristol's case, Anderson mockingly praised her, "Bristol Palin is a genius, because last night she developed a storyline that made her very sympathetic." The scene was displayed on screen, showing Bristol and Mark having an argument in a rehearsal room. She cried and confronted him for being late to one of their rehearsals.
Anderson then explained one of the things that made the drama look fake. The TV host said it was the 21-year-old star's "completely frozen" facial expression that didn't match her anger and frustration. His guest co-host, Deborah Norville, agreed with him before additionally pointing out her texting and chewing gum.
During his show, the "Anderson" presenter also gave advice to Bristol and other attention seekers. "I'm thinking of starting a job fair for people," he said. "I think there's a whole bunch of people who just need to get jobs: Lindsay Lohan, Bristol Palin ... I think they just need to get some jobs, stop being on TV!"
Bristol was saved from elimination on the result show of "DTWS: All-Star" on Tuesday, October 9 despite getting the lowest score from the judges the night before. She hasn't responded to Anderson's comment, while Mark has already sent a message to anyone who criticized them, "Supporters.. Thanks you... Haters... Sticks & Stones."
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'