'DWTS': Drew Lachey Is Disappointed, Anna Trebunskaya Feels Robbed by Early Elimination
Though he kept his positive attitude on display in the latest result show of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars", Drew Lachey is apparently upset by his elimination. Speaking backstage, the 98 Degrees member and his partner Anna Trebunskaya said at the same time, "It sucks."
Drew further opened up, "It's frustrating because we put out a performance we thought was good." He continued, "Do I think we are going home too early? Absolutely. I don't think there is anyone in this ballroom who would disagree with that and I don't think I'm speaking out of turn by saying that."
The singer, who got support from his brother Nick Lachey during the October 8 performance show, felt the same way about Helio Castroneves' elimination. "I think Helio is going home too early as well," he commented.
Hinting that he was also shocked by Joey Fatone's exit last week, Drew added, "To me it's kind of ironic that the two Broadway performers ... me and Joey Fatone ... are gone already. It's a little odd to me. But that's the unpredictability of this show." Still, he didn't regret being part of the show as saying, "I wouldn't have traded one minute of it."
His pro-dancer partner Trebunskaya also wasn't ready to get voted off that night, gushing, "Oh my gosh we were so robbed." She went on sharing, "I have an amazing partner who came up with this amazing set, who opened the show, who made the show so successful [in the past]. I feel robbed of having fun with him."
Helio, on the other hand, realized what he had to deal with when signing up for the dancing competition. "It's a show. If you don't have the scores, you gotta have the votes," he said. "That's what it is all about. As a competitor, yes you are disappointed because you gave your best. But you understand that sometimes when you win and when you lose, you have to deal with it."
Asked whom he would support from now on, Drew said, "For me it's Emmitt [Smith] and Cheryl [Burke]."
While Drew and Helio got the boot on Tuesday, October 9, the remaining contestants including Gilles Marini, Melissa Rycroft and Bristol Palin will return next week, performing the dance styles chosen by one another. Paula Abdul has been booked to appear as a guest judge.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie