'Taken 3' Will Be Coming, Scribe Says
"Taken" could spawn another new installment following the success of "Taken 2". Robert Mark Kamen, who provided the scripts for the first and second film, has just revealed that they plan to make "Taken 3".
"We didn't start talking about ['Taken 3'] until we saw the numbers," says Kamen, referring to cume that the recently-released sequel has grossed. "But then we said, 'Oh, okay. I think we should do a third one.' And Fox wants us to do a third one."
While the first film sees Bryan Mills' (Liam Neeson) daughter being kidnapped and the second film follows Bryan and his wife who are taken hostage, Kamen hints that "Taken" 3 will present something different. "We've taken everyone we can take - it's going to go in another direction," he gushes, before claiming, "Should be interesting."
The first "Taken" film, which was released in 2009, took in $145 million domestically and $81.8 million overseas. The sequel, meanwhile, debuted at No. 1 on box office in its first week with an opening gross of $49.5 million.
In addition to a third "Taken" film, Mark Kamen has a remake to 1988's "Bloodsport" on his plate. Though Jean-Claude Van Damme who starred in the original film has expressed interest to join the reboot, the screenwriter insists, "There's a whole bunch of depth to it, and it has nothing to do with the original Bloodsport except for the title."
"You have Philip Noyce directing. It's a politically-driven character piece with a bunch of fighting in Brazil," he continues sharing. "There's the issue of the rainforest being destroyed. And then there's the larger issue of this country misconducting itself through two wars. And there's all of that dealt with. It's big action movie entertainment that is very politically based."
Kamen further hints that the "Bloodsport" remake won't necessarily feature a hunky actor in the lead role. "[They're not looking for] someone with muscles, strangely. It's a different story. Not driven by fighting," he insists.
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman