'Taken 3' Will Be Coming, Scribe Says
"Taken" could spawn another new installment following the success of "Taken 2". Robert Mark Kamen, who provided the scripts for the first and second film, has just revealed that they plan to make "Taken 3".
"We didn't start talking about ['Taken 3'] until we saw the numbers," says Kamen, referring to cume that the recently-released sequel has grossed. "But then we said, 'Oh, okay. I think we should do a third one.' And Fox wants us to do a third one."
While the first film sees Bryan Mills' (Liam Neeson) daughter being kidnapped and the second film follows Bryan and his wife who are taken hostage, Kamen hints that "Taken" 3 will present something different. "We've taken everyone we can take - it's going to go in another direction," he gushes, before claiming, "Should be interesting."
The first "Taken" film, which was released in 2009, took in $145 million domestically and $81.8 million overseas. The sequel, meanwhile, debuted at No. 1 on box office in its first week with an opening gross of $49.5 million.
In addition to a third "Taken" film, Mark Kamen has a remake to 1988's "Bloodsport" on his plate. Though Jean-Claude Van Damme who starred in the original film has expressed interest to join the reboot, the screenwriter insists, "There's a whole bunch of depth to it, and it has nothing to do with the original Bloodsport except for the title."
"You have Philip Noyce directing. It's a politically-driven character piece with a bunch of fighting in Brazil," he continues sharing. "There's the issue of the rainforest being destroyed. And then there's the larger issue of this country misconducting itself through two wars. And there's all of that dealt with. It's big action movie entertainment that is very politically based."
Kamen further hints that the "Bloodsport" remake won't necessarily feature a hunky actor in the lead role. "[They're not looking for] someone with muscles, strangely. It's a different story. Not driven by fighting," he insists.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'