Ben Affleck in Talks to Join 'Focus' as a Con Man
Currently becoming the talk of the town for his latest directorial stint "Argo", Ben Affleck could score a new acting gig. The actor/helmer is said to be in early talks with Warner Bros. Pictures to take a lead role in "Focus".
To be directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, the drama film centers on a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They become involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future.
The film was initially projected to reunite "Crazy, Stupid, Love." on-screen couple Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as well as Ficarra and Requa, who helmed the 2011 rom-com also starring Steve Carell. Though Gosling and Stone won't work together for "Focus", they will be seen sharing scenes in the upcoming "Gangster Squad".
Warner Bros. reportedly wants to start the production for "Focus" soon and has been looking for the female lead. Denise DiNovi is on board to direct, while Ficarra and Requa will also team up to pen the script.
Affleck himself tackles a role as Tony Mendez in "Argo" in addition to serving behind the lens. The husband of Jennifer Garner also joins the cast of Terrence Malick's star-studded drama "To the Wonder".
- Comic-Con: 'Sherlock' Season 4 Trailer Teases the Demons Within, Star Says It's the Darkest Season
- Moving on? Iggy Azalea Spotted Cozying Up to French Montana at Las Vegas Club
- Lil Wayne Abruptly Walks Off Stage at Marijuana Festival After Just 10 Minutes
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video