Ben Affleck in Talks to Join 'Focus' as a Con Man
Currently becoming the talk of the town for his latest directorial stint "Argo", Ben Affleck could score a new acting gig. The actor/helmer is said to be in early talks with Warner Bros. Pictures to take a lead role in "Focus".
To be directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, the drama film centers on a veteran con man who gets involved with a newcomer to the grifter business. They become involved romantically but that becomes perilous in a business where they lie and cheat for a living. The complications of the encounter haunt them when they meet up again in the future.
The film was initially projected to reunite "Crazy, Stupid, Love." on-screen couple Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as well as Ficarra and Requa, who helmed the 2011 rom-com also starring Steve Carell. Though Gosling and Stone won't work together for "Focus", they will be seen sharing scenes in the upcoming "Gangster Squad".
Warner Bros. reportedly wants to start the production for "Focus" soon and has been looking for the female lead. Denise DiNovi is on board to direct, while Ficarra and Requa will also team up to pen the script.
Affleck himself tackles a role as Tony Mendez in "Argo" in addition to serving behind the lens. The husband of Jennifer Garner also joins the cast of Terrence Malick's star-studded drama "To the Wonder".
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift