New 'Peanuts' Movie to Be Released in 2015
A feature movie of Charles M. Schulz's popular comic strip "Peanuts" is in the works. Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the gang's story will be told in a movie set to be released November 25, 2015, just in time to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the comic strip's debut and the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
Twentieth Century Fox Animation announced on Tuesday, October 9 that they have reached an agreement with Schulz's heir and acquired rights for the big screen version. Screenplay will be done by the cartoonist's son, Craig Schulz, his grandson, Bryan Schulz, together with Cornelius Uliano.
"We have been working on this project for years," Craig, president of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates, said in a statement. "We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create this film. I am thrilled we will be partnering with Blue Sky/Fox to create a Peanuts movie that is true to the strip and will continue the legacy in honor of my father."
Steve Martino, who directed "Ice Age: Continental Drift", is set to direct.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest