New 'Peanuts' Movie to Be Released in 2015
A feature movie of Charles M. Schulz's popular comic strip "Peanuts" is in the works. Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the gang's story will be told in a movie set to be released November 25, 2015, just in time to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the comic strip's debut and the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
Twentieth Century Fox Animation announced on Tuesday, October 9 that they have reached an agreement with Schulz's heir and acquired rights for the big screen version. Screenplay will be done by the cartoonist's son, Craig Schulz, his grandson, Bryan Schulz, together with Cornelius Uliano.
"We have been working on this project for years," Craig, president of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates, said in a statement. "We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create this film. I am thrilled we will be partnering with Blue Sky/Fox to create a Peanuts movie that is true to the strip and will continue the legacy in honor of my father."
Steve Martino, who directed "Ice Age: Continental Drift", is set to direct.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie