New 'Peanuts' Movie to Be Released in 2015
A feature movie of Charles M. Schulz's popular comic strip "Peanuts" is in the works. Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the gang's story will be told in a movie set to be released November 25, 2015, just in time to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the comic strip's debut and the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
Twentieth Century Fox Animation announced on Tuesday, October 9 that they have reached an agreement with Schulz's heir and acquired rights for the big screen version. Screenplay will be done by the cartoonist's son, Craig Schulz, his grandson, Bryan Schulz, together with Cornelius Uliano.
"We have been working on this project for years," Craig, president of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates, said in a statement. "We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create this film. I am thrilled we will be partnering with Blue Sky/Fox to create a Peanuts movie that is true to the strip and will continue the legacy in honor of my father."
Steve Martino, who directed "Ice Age: Continental Drift", is set to direct.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them