New 'Peanuts' Movie to Be Released in 2015
A feature movie of Charles M. Schulz's popular comic strip "Peanuts" is in the works. Charlie Brown, Snoopy and the rest of the gang's story will be told in a movie set to be released November 25, 2015, just in time to celebrate the 65th anniversary of the comic strip's debut and the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas."
Twentieth Century Fox Animation announced on Tuesday, October 9 that they have reached an agreement with Schulz's heir and acquired rights for the big screen version. Screenplay will be done by the cartoonist's son, Craig Schulz, his grandson, Bryan Schulz, together with Cornelius Uliano.
"We have been working on this project for years," Craig, president of Charles M. Schulz Creative Associates, said in a statement. "We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create this film. I am thrilled we will be partnering with Blue Sky/Fox to create a Peanuts movie that is true to the strip and will continue the legacy in honor of my father."
Steve Martino, who directed "Ice Age: Continental Drift", is set to direct.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March