'The Voice' Battle Round, Part 1: Adam Levine and Blake Shelton Steal Contestants
Kicking off its battle round, "The Voice" season 3 introduced another new twist in its Monday, October 8 episode. As announced before, the coaches could steal contestants from one another in this phase, and Adam Levine and Blake Shelton were the first ones who got the advantage of this feature.
As Cee-Lo Green pitted Amanda Brown against Trevin Hunte in a duet of "Vision of Love", the other three coaches were ready to steal anyone whom Cee-Lo didn't pick. The Gnarls Barkley member eventually landed his choice on Trevin. After Adam, Blake and Christina Aguilera were selling themselves to Amanda, the aspiring singer chose to join Adam.
Blake later added a new member to his team after winning over Cee-Lo when they pressed the steal buttons for Collin McLoughlin, whom Adam voted out in favor of Bryan Keith. Before performing Sublime's "Santeria" against Bryan, Collin claimed the song suited his rival's style better. As Collin found a place in Blake's team, the country music crooner exclaimed, "Stealing an artist from another coach is fun!"
Also that night, Cee-Lo put JR Aquino up against Diego Val to cover classic rock song "Jessie's Girl". Blake thought JR was the winner in the battle, but Christina disagreed and said Diego did it better. Cee-Lo agreed with her and chose Diego.
Blake, meanwhile, pitted Terry McDermott against Casey Muesiggman in a duel to sing "Carry On Wayward Son". Cee-Lo called it a great battle and Christina gushed that Blake "got a tough decision" to make. In the end, the "Hillbilly Bone" hitmaker chose Terry.
Two other contestants from Blake's team performing that night were 2Steel Girls and Gracia Harrison, who fought against each other in a rendition of "Sin Wagon". Christina and Adam preferred Gracia's take on the song, and Blake agreed with them.
From team Christina, the was a duel between De'Borah and Nelly's Echo in a performance of "Message in a Bottle". Guest mentor Billie Joe Armstrong gushed during rehearsal, "I think this could be the best performance of the whole show." Christina chose to keep De'Borah as the other coaches rooted for her too.
"The Voice" battle rounds will continue Tuesday, October 9 at 8/7c on NBC.
Trevin Hunte vs. Amanda Brown - "Vision of Love":
Bryan Keith vs. Collin McLoughlin - "Santeria":
More The Voice News
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video