Stacey Dash Defends Herself Following Racist Attack After Endorsing Mitt Romney
Days leading to the final stretch of Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney race to the White House, Stacey Dash became a target of racist backlash after she endorsed the Republican presidential candidate. After tweeting "Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future," the 46-year-old African-American actress came under fire for not being black enough.
"@REALStaceyDash You're an unemployed black woman endorsing @MittRomney. You're voting against yourself thrice. You poor beautiful idiot," one Twitter user blasted the "Clueless" star. Another wrote, "I guess Clueless star Stacey Dash endorsing Mitt Romney shows that she is indeed clueless." There was also one who called Stacey "white with a dark tan."
As the rage continued brewing on Twitter, fellow artist Talib Kweli came to Stacey's defense. The rapper, who's a self-proclaimed supporter of Demoratic candidate Obama, didn't see anything wrong with someone who voiced their opinion. "I'm I the only one that finds it hilarious that Stacey Dash supports Romney? Y'all mad? That makes it funnier to me," he tweeted.
For those who sent death threat, Talib pointed out, "If you get mad to the point of asking someone to kill theyself cuz u don't agree with their position, guess who just became the crazy one?" Stacey herself kept quiet and handled the situation in a classy fashion. "My humble opinion... EVERYONE is entitled to one," so she wrote.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy