Stacey Dash Defends Herself Following Racist Attack After Endorsing Mitt Romney
Days leading to the final stretch of Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney race to the White House, Stacey Dash became a target of racist backlash after she endorsed the Republican presidential candidate. After tweeting "Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future," the 46-year-old African-American actress came under fire for not being black enough.
"@REALStaceyDash You're an unemployed black woman endorsing @MittRomney. You're voting against yourself thrice. You poor beautiful idiot," one Twitter user blasted the "Clueless" star. Another wrote, "I guess Clueless star Stacey Dash endorsing Mitt Romney shows that she is indeed clueless." There was also one who called Stacey "white with a dark tan."
As the rage continued brewing on Twitter, fellow artist Talib Kweli came to Stacey's defense. The rapper, who's a self-proclaimed supporter of Demoratic candidate Obama, didn't see anything wrong with someone who voiced their opinion. "I'm I the only one that finds it hilarious that Stacey Dash supports Romney? Y'all mad? That makes it funnier to me," he tweeted.
For those who sent death threat, Talib pointed out, "If you get mad to the point of asking someone to kill theyself cuz u don't agree with their position, guess who just became the crazy one?" Stacey herself kept quiet and handled the situation in a classy fashion. "My humble opinion... EVERYONE is entitled to one," so she wrote.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series